起きろ - wake up

Start from the beginning

She didn't reply. The little boy kneeled down to check on her and make sure she was okay, but as soon as he got close she jumped on him and started tickling him, laughing uncontrollably.

"Ahah, Airi stop!!"

As the two of them kept tickling each others, Jin made his way to the two ten years old boys that were sending him menacing looks. He kneeled down in front of them with a soft smile, "Ace and Sabo, right? Luffy-kun has told us all about you! Here, we've brought you some snacks from town." he said, handing them a basket full of food.

Sabo grabbed the basket with a grateful smile, "Thank you!"

Jin gave the two boys a last smile before getting back up, "C'mon, Airi-chan, we should get home before it gets dark!"

Airi and Luffy stopped teasing each other to look at Jin with puppy eyes, "Oh, but Jin-san, I wanna stay just a little more with Luffy!"

Jin chuckled softly, adjusting the pair of glasses on his nose, "Don't worry, darling. Luffy can visit us anytime! And we'll come back here to visit him as well!"

Airi nodded and gave Luffy a quick hug before ruffling a hand in his hair, "See you soon, captain!!"

She started running up to Jin and jumped on his back so he could carry her on their way home. Luffy waved at the girl with a grin, "Bye, Airi!! Come back soon!!" he pleaded.

"Did she just call him captain?!" Sabo asked Ace with a disbelieving look.

The girl had never left his side, not once. For as long as he could remember, Airi had always supported him and believed in him. From the very first time they had met, the adoration they both held towards each other had never faded. 

And now she was hurt and unconscious from sacrificing herself for him. It almost concerned him as he wondered how far the girl was willing to go just for the sake of him. He tightened his hold on her hand, snuggling his head onto Airi's shoulder. She was so precious to him.

Airi opened her eyes weakly, not seeing much from the blurred vision she still had. She blinked many times until she could finally see clearer. Her gaze landed on what seemed to be a familiar wooden ceiling. Her breath sped up as the very last memories that she had suddenly came up to her mind. As soon as she tried to sit up, she felt something kind of heavy laying on her shoulder, her eyes wandered to whatever was on her and she immediately recognized the raven haired boy, his arms cuddling her own.

"Luffy?" she questioned in a soft whisper.

The boy quickly let go of her to sit up and looked at her with wide eyes, "A-Airi?!"

Airi looked around her, to her biggest relief she recognized Chopper's office, which meant she was back on the Thousand Sunny, she was back home. She heard an annoying beeping noise echoing in her ears and noticed how most of her body was covered in bandages, Chopper might have been taking care of her. She sat up, wincing in pain, her injuries were definitely going to take long to heal. Her eyes made their way back to Luffy's that were still widened, watching her with a startled expression, as if he could not believe that the girl in front of him was actually real.

Airi allowed a soft smile, "Luffy, you're okay!" she let out a sight of relief.

The boy kept watching her with a parted lips and widened eyes. After getting kidnapped, tied up, beaten and stabbed, the only thing Airi cared about was Luffy's state. And the captain felt something in his chest tightening at the thought of it.

Luffy decided not to waste one more second as he jumped into Airi's arms, wrapping his owns around her. He snuggled his nose onto the creak of her neck. Airi's heart missed such a concerning amount of beats as she could feel not only Luffy's arms holding her close to him, but also the warmth of his breath on her neck. As impossible as it felt, she tried not to pay it too much attention and she returned the hug, embracing the boy closer.