[ENG] Gaaurkdas' backstory

*pardon my bad writing 😢

Gaaurkdas, once the initial prince of a kingdom ruled by the king and queen approximately 500 years ago, was confined and shackled within the inner palace, specifically in an underground chamber beneath the king's throne. From two months to twenty years old, he remained within the palace's confines.

The king took this drastic measure, convinced that Gaaurkdas wasn't his son but rather the offspring of a witch, the alleged lover of the queen. However, the queen remained faithful. Despite Gaaurkdas's facial features maturing to resemble the king's more closely, the king stubbornly refused to acknowledge it.

The unique traits in Gaaurkdas's body from birth blinded the king. Some patches on Gaaurkdas's skin turned black and scaly, resembling a snake. His hair shifted from black to gray over time, ultimately turning white at the age of 20, not due to aging but for reasons unknown.

The queen couldn't conceal her sorrow whenever she visited the underground room to witness her son, wrongly presumed to be a monster, chained. Nevertheless, each time someone, whether a servant or his mother, approached, he greeted them warmly with a joyful smile.

Fate took an unexpected turn when Gaaurkdas received news of his mother, the queen, taking her own life—the only person he intimately knew while confined underground. Even more astonishing, he learned that the king had promoted his first concubine to the position of the new queen. Heartbroken, Gaaurkdas, who had never rebelled before, finally succumbed to anger and transformed into a dragon, revealing his true form. He was unaware that anger and sadness could unveil his true identity.

Continuously attempting to breathe fire and colliding with the central palace, Gaaurkdas hoped to lead his father, the king, to join his mother in the realm of death. The king's concubine also became a target for Gaaurkdas.

Chaos ensued as people were terrified when a dragon suddenly emerged from the palace. Finally grasping that the dragon was his son, Gaaurkdas, the king ordered the royal priests to manage the disturbance. However, it was the priests who fell, thrown by the tail of Gaaurkdas, plummeting from every tower of the palace.

Rain fell, drenching the kingdom as the dragon and the king locked eyes. One filled with anger, the other with fear. Similar to what occurred two decades ago when Gaaurkdas was just a year old, the king struck him in anger for leaving the underground room, while Gaaurkdas cried in fear. Now, everything was reversed.

Begging Gaaurkdas to calm down, the king expressed his fear. Yet, when the witches arrived to help, the king felt relieved and instructed them to attack Gaaurkdas. They assaulted Gaaurkdas with dark magic, one by one, causing his scales to peel off and his skin to bleed. Struggling to fly and control the air, Gaaurkdas charged directly at the king and transformed back into a human as before.

Before completing his transformation, Gaaurkdas had already extracted one of his longest scales, thrusting it into the neck of the concubine who had ascended to become the queen. Stepping toward his frightened father, blood dripped from the tip of the elongated scale, resembling a delicate dagger he tightly gripped—an instrument that inadvertently wounded his own palm, akin to a shattered utterance.

"Your Highness, realize, he is your father!"

One of the horrified witches implored Gaaurkdas to cease, while another aided the trembling king, providing a shield.

"He claims he is not my father, who speaks the truth, and who lies?" Gaaurkdas uttered sharply, his focus not on the witch but on his father, the king, who quivered as if anticipating his demise.

Unexpectedly, the witch demonstrated their true blood connection. Employing blood magic, the witch extracted a drop of blood from each open wound of Gaaurkdas and the king, connecting them with a red thread enveloped in golden light.