Chapter 1 - The Prince's Knight

Start from the beginning

"Oh, little bird, your mother would be so proud of you." Urbosa smiled, "It is surprising to see you bear such burdens and responsibility with such strength. Not that I believe you would fail, but you haven't even faltered once. You're strong, more so than me."

"Thank you, Urbosa. I also think that you have done a great job to be a pilot of Naboris. It is truly impressive to see such a large machine, I'm glad I was able to visit it before being appointed." Zelda finished, as the ceremony would begin soon.

"Come, Zelda, it is time." Urbosa said.

Trumpets blared, bells rung, and drums were beaten. It was such a magnificent sound. As the champions went into the sanctum, they all stood in a crescent circle, facing the throne. The king walked in and sat down, and with his presence the champions all took a knee. 

"Subjects of Hyrule" the king loudly proclaimed. "Today, we honor four champions, who through their trials have made themselves worthy to pilot the divine beasts. We also honor a knight, the chosen one by the sword that seals the darkness." He spoke, and on his left, sat the short, blonde prince. Awkwardly looking around, until meeting eyes with his friend Revali, who quickly smiled up at him before bowing his head again. King Rhoam continued speaking, "As prophecies have told, and as the toll of monsters rises in Hyrule, we must be prepared for the calamity to attack at any time. As you know, the prince has already begun his training to unlock the sealing powers." As he finished that particular sentence, Link glanced over to him nervously.

The speech went on for a little while, and once he finished there was an awkward silence for a split second until the King nudged Link's arm. Link descended down the steps, moving towards the center of the throne room where the five champions stood. He reached for a sword, resting on a table, he picked it up and kept it resting in front of him, waiting for his father to speak.

"Urbosa, chief of the Gerudo, you shall pilot Vah Naboris, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the goddess. Daruk, chief of the Gorons, you shall pilot Vah Rudania, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the Goddess. Mipha, princess of the Zora, you shall pilot Vah Ruto, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the goddess. Revali, pride of the Rito, you shall pilot Vah Medoh, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the goddess." He paused for a breath before continuing. "And finally, Zelda, the chosen hero, under the oath of the goddess Hylia, you shall protect the prince. Blessings on you, and the other champions." Once he finished, there was yet another quick silence, before a quiet ahem was heard by the king, signaling Link to finish the ceremony.

Link picked up the sword and dubbed the four champions, before reaching Zelda, he held his breath and gulped, and said in a low and quiet tone, "Z-Zelda, the o...one chosen by the goddess," he paused, already embarrassed of his stutter. He already had a difficult time speaking, and adding an important memorized speech as well as the eventfulness of the situation made him extra nervous and afraid. "I hereby knight you, as the appointed knight to the royal family, as well as m-me." He shut his eyes and opened them quickly then exhaled, "Your position is not one to be overlooked, in fact, it is one to be... remembered among the.. history of Hyrule?" He started to blank and forget his speech, but quickly straightened himself out. "Your duties are of great importance, to the royal family, t-the guards and knights, and as well as the kingdom of Hyrule." He lifted the sword above her head and gently placed it on her left shoulder, and then again on her right shoulder.

He turned around, and placed the sword down, then bent over to pick up a shield. The blue shield was lined with silver, and adorned with a golden triforce above a red symbol of Hyrule. It was a strong, durable and trust worthy shield. He once again turned back to the champions and walked towards them with the shield. Once he had reached the point where he stood in front of Zelda, he tapped her shoulder, asking her to stand up. After she rose he softly picked up her hand from her side, she looked a bit shocked, but managed her expressions as he brought her hand up to their stomach level. He released his hand from under hers, and placed the shield on it.