Evita had heard wonderful things from her cousins, Andromeda and Narcissa, about Hogwarts. When they told her and Evan about ceilings that resembled the night sky, floating candles, and ghosts roaming the castle as they wished, she nearly couldn't believe it.

However, Bellatrix, her oldest cousin, didn't have many pleasant things to say about the prestigious institution, saying that with so many half-bloods and Muggle-born students present, it was filthy and a pathetic excuse for a wizarding school.

Speaking of the Blacks, Evita could see her Aunt Druella approaching their direction with Narcissa in tow. While Evita paid her aunt no heed and sprinted towards Narcissa, who had her arms wide as if anticipating Evita's tight embrace, Dominic's lips almost immediately pursed in irritation at the sight of his sister.

"Oh, how wonderful that we'll be spending at least the first two years of your Hogwarts life together, Evita," Narcissa smiled.

The statement didn't settle that well with Evan as he grumbled, "What about me? Are you not excited to spend more time with me, Cissa?"

"Of course I am, Evan," She turned towards him, briefly placing her hand on his cheek and caressing it.

Perhaps Narcissa's maternal characteristics were what drew Evita to her more than her other cousins. Evita felt as though she had a big sister whom she could look up to. With Narcissa being a sixth-year Prefect and maintaining excellent marks, she considered Narcissa as the epitome of what a pure-blood truly is.

Evita would've strengthened her bond with Andromeda if not for the unfortunate news they received no more than two years ago, which led to her perspective of her older cousin changing entirely. Now, Evita no longer even wishes to speak her name, recognizing the disappointment and dishonour Andromeda has brought to the family by marrying a Muggle-born.

However, this didn't seem to affect the Rosier's patriarch in any negative manner. On the contrary, it even seemed to appease him.

"Doing well, Druella?" Dominic glanced at the said woman, his tone nothing short of mocking.

"Quite well, Dominic," She answered.

"Quite?" Dominic raised a brow tauntingly, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Why is that so? Is it perhaps because you still haven't gotten over the shame that your daughter brought forth to the reputation of our family?"

"That disgrace is no daughter of mine," Druella snarked, failing to keep her temper at bay with how her brother was jabbing at her.

When Dominic saw her sister's resentful attitude, he nearly couldn't refrain from laughing. Since Druella's announcement of her engagement when they were still teenagers to Cygnus, a member of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, she became the most insufferable person Dominic has ever come across with how much she bragged that she was marrying into a powerful family, that she strengthened their rank in society by doing so.

Dominic had longed for the day when he could outdo his sister and take his turn at mocking her. And with Andromeda turning out to be a disappointment and his children practically carving their way to perfection, Dominic felt at last content. In the end, he was the superior of the two of them.

As soon as the remainder of the Blacks arrived at the platform, Evita exhaled with relief. She doubts she can endure hearing her father and Aunt Druella argue much longer, especially when her mother joins in to defend her father. It was an unnecessarily deafening affair.

Walburga Black strode in their direction with what seemed to be a permanent expression of disdain on her face. Her hands were placed firmly on both of her sons' shoulders, ensuring that Sirius, in particular, was never out of her sight.