prologue

Supérieur jusqu'à la fin

Superior until the end — the Rosier's family motto. It was widely known to many wizarding families that the Maison du Rosier was one of the most ancient and noble pure-blood houses, placing a great value of importance on their aptness to be the best, superior — in terms of being pure, knowledgeable, and even in terms of beauty.

The Rosiers had long preached the notions of pure-blood supremacy, considering all non-magical beings to be inferior, second-class citizens, together with pure-bloods who choose to procreate with Muggles or Muggle-born folk, bringing forth half-bloods. The worst of them were Muggle-borns who believed that their filthy blood deserved to possess such potent magic.

The members of Maison du Rosier — beginning with Vinda Rosier, a devoted and trusted acolyte of Gellert Grindelwald, and continuing through Dominic Rosier and his children — have worked hard to maintain the reputation of their home over the years.

"Pure-bloods are above all, anyone less is a stain of dishonour." Vinda Rosier used to always say to her nephews, unaware of the fact that her very words managed to be passed down from every descendant in the family.

On the first of September, 1971, Platform Nine and Three-Quarters was particularly crowded with a large number of families bidding farewell to their children before they started yet another year at Hogwarts, or better yet, sending them off for the first time to begin their magical journey, much like the Rosier twins.

Adhara Rosier eyed a particular set of parents in distaste while they bid their red-haired daughter goodbye, evidently for the first time, judging by the number of tears and incessant crying. Must be Muggles, she thought as she scanned their peculiar attire.

Dominic quickly ushered his two children towards a less crowded area, steering clear of any faces he didn't recognize, acknowledging that they must not be part of their pure-blood circle if so.

"I assume that you do not need any reminding of who you are allowed to associate yourselves with?" Dominic looked down on his children expectantly as their burningly curious eyes gazed upon him.

"Yes, father," They responded monotonously.

"Evan, stop slouching," Adhara hissed, pinching the older Rosier twin's side, making him wince from the sharp sting of her nails. Evan immediately straightened his back as Evita casted him a concerned look.

After fussing with Evan's poor posture, the woman turned to her daughter and straightened the collar of her pristine white blouse, and dusted off her newly bought robes. "Remember what I taught you, Evita. Never do anything unladylike, make sure to keep up with your piano, no grades less than perfect, and do not associate yourself with people whose blood is not pure."

"Yes, Mother," Evita muttered grimly. She glanced at the large red train in front of her, almost not being able to contain her buzzing excitement, despite not having an ounce of anticipation on her face.