" Lan 'er tomorrow morning you get ready and come to work in fields with me " Su Bai was thoroughly upset after comparing the differences in his family and the other villagers family , not only the family of the men in the village helped them in harvesting , their wives would prepare lunch for their husbands as well . But he , Su Bai who was considered a little land lord had to work on his own.! Su Bai could no longer withstand this unfair treatment , why was it that the families of other villagers were helping them out but not his - why was it that other villagers wives were cooking for their husbands but his wife was spending time gossiping ? On what basis was he asked to work as a stupid mule while all the other members of his family can sit back and relax ?

Su Bai also realised that even though Su Cheng 's studies cost a lot , the remaining money was spent by the mother and daughter pair in shopping and goofing around ! These two lazy bones didn't want to work but wanted to spend ! On what grounds !

Of course he only realised the unfairness when he well being was in consideration .

Thus , Su Bai who nearly suffered a heat stroke in this autumn weather was determinant to take his wife and daughter to the fields with him tomorrow .

Su Lan who has always been pampered and was waiting for a lord from the city to come and marry her , immediately pulled a long face . Flinging the fan on her bed , she unhappily retorted " Father , you know I'm waiting for my marriage , right ? If my skin gets tanned who will dare to marry me , wouldn't I be wronged if I get just some riffraff of a husband ?"

If this was before Su Bai would have let the matter rest but now , Su Bai who have never worked and never once retorted back by his Su Wan before immediately lost his temper under the stress and because of his foul mood from morning , Ever since Su Wan got married no one washed his clothes until he asked Chu Yin to wash them , the standard of cooking also fell with all of these factors working , he immediately took the fan that Su Lan had flung on her bed and threw it on the ground " Good , you don't want to work then stop eating from now on ! You and your mother - both of you good for nothings you better not come asking for money from me for this and that from now on !"

This was Su Lan 's first time getting scolded , she wasn't like Su Wan who was bullied and suppressed by Chu Yin thus , she immediately fought back " why I'm your daughter ! I have a right on whatever you earn "

" and Su Wan was my daughter too , wasn't she ? But didn't your mother make her go hungry when she didn't finish her work at fields ? Then it applies to you and your mother too from now ! If you don't work you won't eat ! End of the discussion " though Su Bai didn't like Su Wan but he had no qualms in using her to suppress Su Lan . After shouting at Su Lan , Su Bai walked out of her room without looking back !

🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅

Chapter 142 - [Bonus ]Oh No

Name:Shrewd wife of Lin brothers Author:fairytail72

Su Lan watched her father's disappearing back and immediately stomped her foot rushing to find her mother , there was no way she was going to agree working in the fields ! She was waiting for a lord to come and fall for her beautiful face and marry her , if she got her skin damaged by working in the fields who will marry her ?

Su Lan didn't once stopped to think that Su Wan worked in the fields too and her skin was fairer than hers , in fact all her marriage talk was nothing but just excuses , however , she would never admit it that she was lazy instead she made herself sound righteous by telling everyone the same excuse when they asked her to work .

Currently Chu Yin was in old grandmother Su's room , she sponged her mother in law's forehead as the other kept grumbling .

" a long line with at least fifty to sixty men, I think they earn at least a hundred copper coins a day just by selling food ! That means that they earn at least three to four taels in a month ! Its comparable to our earnings after we are done selling our harvested crops ! And that's only one shop , ah ! That unfilial brat if she wished to let an outsider have those shops then she could have left those shops to us ! After all they belonged to our family !" Grandmother Su was an old and narrow minded woman , in her eyes a married girl was like spilled water and so was her dowry , once a girl becomes a part of another household , her dowry belongs to that family alone .