chapter 5 - friends?

Friends?

Friends?

The rest of the day was a total blur for Hyunjin. He was embarrassed that he had cried in front of Minho, but somehow in that moment, he felt safe. He felt like he finally found the right person to share his feelings with.

He noticed how awkward the situation was for Minho, and how he wasn't used to comforting people. He felt bad because he just expressed his feelings to the other and he didn't know how to react.

As for right now, Hyunjin was sitting in the corner of the room, staring at the empty wall, in silence. Minho had cleared the guest room out and let Hyunjin stay in there, the younger gladly accepted it because the couch made his back hurt from the previous night he had slept there.

"Hyunjin are you alright in there.?" Minho knocked on the door.

Hyunjin was too quiet for Minho's liking, and it indeed did not go unnoticed. With what's going through the youngers mind, you don't know what could happen.

Still, no response from the younger, he was too caught up in his own thoughts. He wondered how life would be if he wasn't in the family that he had. He was still embarrassed from earlier. All these thoughts flowing through his head.

"I don't want to invade your privacy, but like I said, I'm here for you if you need to talk about it. Please just say something."

Just when he was about to walk in, the younger opened the door for him. They were standing face to face. Hyunjin was looking down at the ground, while Minho stared at the boy, waiting for a response.

"Minho, I'm fine. I just needed a few minutes to myself." He sighed.

"I'm sorry, I guess I just got a little worried."

Yes Minho was worried, but the real reason is because he wanted to share some big news with Hyunjin. He found out hours ago, but he didn't know how the younger would react.

"Is that all..?" The older realized that he had just been standing there, staring at him.

"Actually no, I need to talk to you about something. It's important." Hyunjin sat up, he was anxious but excited to hear what Minho was going to tell him. Maybe that would lighten up the mood, or so he thought.

"It's my parents.. they're coming back to town, and they will be staying near the area."

"Your parents? That's so cool, I mean I'm sure it's been long since you've seen them, aren't you excited?"

Truthfully, minho wasn't excited. Sure he had missed his family, and missed having company, but it's different. His Mother and Father were so judgmental and they didn't care about anyone's feelings. What happens if they even meet Hyunjin? Will they recognize him? That's another thing that he would have to worry about.