Chapter 43- Bad blood

Start from the beginning

Thing held up his pinky and Wyatt curled his pinky around Thing's, sealing the promise. 

Once he released Thing's pinky. Wyatt wiped his tears away. "They found your motorbike, so the Sheriff won't be far. You need to go. Next time try to steal something less conspicuous." Wyatt suggests. 

"Well, where's the fun in that?" Fester asked sarcastically. Wyatt gave him a look and he sighed. "All right, I will lay low for the night, keep an eye on the patient. I'll skedaddle in the morning." 

"I guess I will see you at the next family reunion." Wyatt told him and took Y/n's hand gently.

"You'll always be my favorite, Wyatt." Fester promised. 

"Be sure to tell Pugsley that. It will give him a complex."

Fester smiled at Wyatt and Wyatt smirked back.

Fester turned to Y/n. "It was nice meeting you. Glad to see that you and my nephew patched thing up after your little spat." 

Y/n smiled and squeezed Wyatt's hand looking at him. 

"Take care of Y/n, alright? She is nice." Fester told Wyatt. "And if he hurts you, I give you my permission to hit him." Fester said to Y/n.

"That is never going to happen." Wyatt declared and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

Y/n laughed and nodded. "Thank you. Good night, Fester. It was lovely meeting you." She said and the two walked out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm guessing it's not some kind of random prank." Weems said as she paced around her office.

Wyatt stood in her office as she paced. Y/n was currently in his bed, probably sleeping, she was really tired so Watt suggested that she go to bed. Ms. Thornhill was also there, watching the encounter. 

"Whoever ransacked the room also stole Nathaniel Faulkner's diary." Wyatt informs. 

"That's supposed to be safely locked in the Nightshade's library." Weems said sharply.

"So you do know about the monster...that means you also know the monster is a Hyde."

Weems looked at him for a few seconds then turned to Thornhill. "Thank you, Ms. Thornhill, I will take it from here." She smiled. 

Ms. Thornhill smiled a strange look in her eyes. "Of course, if you need anything, I'll be right down the hall." She turned and left, leaving Weems and Wyatt alone. 

Weems leaned against the fireplace and stared into the fire. "Faulkner spent years studying Hydes. He wanted to determine if they were mindless killers or just conscious of their actions." 

"What was his conclusion?" 

"He was killed by a Hyde before he could reach one. Others tried to carry on his research but they hydes were too unpredictable and violent. They were officially banned from Nevermore 30 years ago." She explained. 

"All this time, you've known the monster was a hyde, why didn't you go to the Sheriff?" Wyatt asked. 

"Because then Nevermore is shut down, over, shut for good. That's not happening on my watch. But I'm not the one withholding, if you suspect someone, you need to tell me." Weems warns. 

"Why? All you've done is gaslight and obstruct me. You don't care how many people die as long as your reputation safe." Wyatt accused. 

Weems glared at him dangerously. "I am protecting my Nevermore family. That includes you and your little girlfriend. So, if you want to protect her, tell me what you know." 

Wyatt didn't utter a single word, not liking how she spoke about Y/n. Wyatt glared at Weems one last time and exited. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt laid down next to Y/n who was apparently reading a book. 

"Hey." Y/n smiled.

Wyatt smiled at her and pulled her closer to him, kissing her forehead. 

"Is everything okay?" She asks worriedly, cuddling into him.

Wyatt smiled and tucked her hair behind her ears and ran his fingers through her soft hair, inhaling her scent. " I'm fine, sweetheart. Just thinking about today." 

"Yeah, I can't believe someone tried to kill Thing." Y/n said frowning.

Wyatt hugged her bringing her even closer. "Don't worry. I'm sure he will be fine. Plus I am not going to let anything happen to you." He promises and cuddles her closer, rubbing their noses together, making her giggle. 

Wyatt leaned down and kissed her. "I love you." He told her. 

"I love you too." She answers smiling. 

~end of chapter~

Hiiiii,

Hope you liked this chapter! Please vote and comment if you did.

Have a lovely day/evening/night~

All the love

ℌ𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔢 (❁'◡'❁)