01 | Maaran

Maaran made his way towards the Commissioner's office.

" Good morning sir!" Few constables greeted him on his way and he greeted them back with a small smile on his lips.

" Maaran!" A soft feminine voice caught his attention.

" Yes Ms.Arundathi , How can I help you?" He asked and she glared at him.

He stood there with his hands crossed over his chest as he waited for her to say something.

She didn't know how to ask him directly so she remained silent.

" I'm getting late Ms.Arundathi. If you didn't have anything to say , why are you even in my way?" He asked in a calm tone yet there is a rigidness in his face.

His phone rang , he disconnected the call as his eyes fell on the caller ID.

" Guest house. Tonight." She left the place immediately unable to meet his gaze. His lips curved for a mischievous smile as he stared at her disappearing figure.

He entered commissioner's cabin and saluted  him.

Rathnavel glared at his nephew as he forwarded him a cover.

" You are suspended for three months." Rathnavel said in a neutral tone.

Maaran was a bit surprised by his gesture. He expected some advice or atleast his disappointed face.
But this made him suspicious.

Rathnavel smirked at him as he left the cabin .

He went to his house only to witness the entire family gathered at the hall.

Now he understood the reason behind Rathnavel's behaviour.

" So , what are you guys upto?" He asked as he crossed his hands over his chest.

No one dared to raise his voice against him except Rathnavel and his father.

"You promised to listen to us if you got a suspension within a month of your rejoining." His father spoke as he broke the silence.

" I did! What should I do?" He asked even though he knew their response.

His eyes fell on everyone with curiosity.

" You need to marry." His father said in a stern tone.

Even though he said it , he felt nervous as his eyes landed on his son . If his son says NO , he knew no one can force him.

" Okay." He said and everyone gasped in shock.

" Bro , are you ok?" Rathnavel's son
Hriday asked him.

" Did you met with some accident and forgot everything in the past?" His sister Vrusha asked him.

He glared at them and his single glare is enough for them to shut their mouths.

" Well , I'm bored of this single life and I didn't want others to wait for me." His eyes fell on Hriday who averted his gaze.

Even though his family didn't understand the meaning behind his words , no one dared to ask him.

His father forwarded him his phone and he raised his eyebrows.

" So everything was pre planned?" He asked in a calm tone , but his face turned rigid.

He glanced at her picture.

" Mithra, she's currently pursuing her UG in cybersecurity. And..." Before his mother could complete he interrupted.

" I will say my decision tomorrow." He said as he forwarded her biodata and image to his phone.

He gave it back to his father and went upstairs.