"Sapphire, you were supposed to submit the review yesterday?" Joe, my boss said.

"Shit," I cursed myself. I almost forgot about the review that I was supposed to submit yesterday. "I'm really, really sorry, Joe."

"It's not working out, Sapphire. You need to come back now." he said.

"I can't," I exasperated. "I really can't."

He took a long pause after which he said, "Okay, I am giving you one more chance because you have been an excellent employee. Your absence should not affect your work."

"I promise it won't." I said.

"Okay, bye." he said and cut the call.

I sat down on the bed and hid my face in between my palms. I didn't know what to do. Here I could never focus on my work. The minute I sit down to study, I feel a presence around me that distracts me from working further. I knew Atticus West was around me and he would not stop before harming me. The paranoia wasn't letting me do my work.

I needed to find a safe place, a place where there were a lot of people. But at the same time, there was silence necessary to review a book.

The library.

The moment that building appeared in my memory, I picked up my laptop and all the things I needed for my work and made my way to my car. I told Bella that I won't be back before dinner so that she won't have to wait for me.

°°°°°

Coming to library was the best decision I made. I was sitting in a corner where nobody could see me or disturb me. But the presence of different people around me was enough to treat the paranoia.

I had been working on the review for the last six hours and it was 5:30 in the evening now. The best part was the small sandwich shop just beside the library which helped me in finding lunch without wasting any time.

The sun was probably about to set. My work for today was about done so I decided to take a break and check out some other books here.

My feet automatically moved to the History section where I could find something related to Atticus. Bella had told me that they were one of the most powerful families of the town so there must be anything about them in this town history.

I gave a quick look to the title, nothing here looked related to the history of this town. As I walked further, my eyes met with a huge book and I pulled it out, in an attempt to feel its weight which proved to be heavier than I had thought.

I chuckled at my childishness and attempted to put it back but while doing so, I noticed something, or rather someone through the empty space in the shelf. A familiar woman who was shuffling through the books, not a hair of her dark blonde locks out of place.

As if sensing my eyes on her, she immediately turned around and her eyes narrowed when she noticed me.

"Sapphire," she said.

Although she wasn't born a member of West family, she had the same depth in her voice.

"Grace," I acknowledged her. She was Atticus' younger brother's wife.

She walked around the bookshelf to reach me and I stepped back when she stepped near me.

"How are you?" she asked.

"Better," I faked a smile.

"I wonder why fate keeps you closer to the West family." she said, chuckling, as if it was funny.

"Maybe the West family is trying to write the fate itself." I passed her a brief smile.

She raised her eyebrows, as if trying to understand the meaning of what I just said. "I gather you know." she whispered.

"That you are a merciless creature? Maybe." I smirked.

"Maybe you are wrong." she smirked in return.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

She smiled as her gaze landed on the heavy book I was checking. In a moment, the book was lifted but without any external touch. I shrunk in fear when the book itself made its way to the shelf where it was previously placed.

"You should keep a book back where it was after reading." she whispered.

"Are... Are you a witch?" I asked in both fear and surprise.

Her lips formed a smirk after which she replied, "West family is the least of your concerns, Sapphire. You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"That girl Bella, she won't be able to help you out. She may be smart but she has yet to learn a lot. Here, keep my card." she said and took out a card from her fancy Chanel purse.

"I don't need it." I replied.

"You will." she insisted and rolling my eyes, I put it in my bag that had my laptop and books.

"I'd say thank you if I didn't know any better." My voice was accusing but it didn't lessen the calm expression on her face.

"And if I were you, I would go back to your house and save the people who are trying to save you." she said and walked past me.

"What do you mean?" I followed her to her desk but the librarian silenced me with her glare.

"You know what I mean." she murmured.

Bella's face appeared in front of my eyes and I noticed she hadn't called me since the morning. Whenever I was out of the house, Bella usually calls me to check if I was safe. But not today.

"God," I exhaled loudly and picked up my bag, to make my way back to her house quickly.

_________________________