Chapter 1: The End.

"There you are Mew! Congratulations on yet another achievement, son. Becoming a Managing Director at such a young age!  You are truly talented my boy!" Mew gave a humble smile acknowledging the flattery from his father in law, Richard Srisuwan.

"Well the credit also goes to his loving and supportive husband" Richard's wife interjected.

"Of Course mother. He is my lucky charm!" all three laughed heartily.

The sprawling lawn of the Supasit Mansion was transformed into a magical haven with golden lights and vibrant floral arrangements of roses, orchids, and lilies on the tables scattered around the expansive lawn.

A central stage, bathed in soft, romantic lighting, stood proudly at one end of the lawn adorned with elegant floral arrangements, and a large, ornate sign that read "Mew & Gulf: A Decade of Love." The stage was set for the grand celebration of the couple's 10th anniversary. Guests, elegantly dressed in formal attire, mingled and laughed in small groups, sipping on signature cocktails and enjoying a wide array of delectable cuisine. The air was filled with the aroma of gourmet cuisine from various food stations strategically placed around the lawn.

"Speaking of your husband, have you seen him yet?" Richard's wife, Samantha Srisuwan enquired

"He must be around mother. If you will excuse me, I have a few guests to attend" Mew excused himself.

Samantha tried calling Gulf, again, when she heard commotion at the entry point.

She heaved a sigh of relief. It was him, her son and husband of Mew Supasit Gulf.

The minute Gulf entered, he captured everyone's attention. Radiating beauty in a way that could only be described as an epitome, he surpassed even Mew's handsomeness. Gulf was on a whole different level, capable of rivaling any top model effortlessly. Dressed in a ravishing black suit paired with a low V-neck red dress shirt, he left onlookers in awe. Once he spotted his parents, he confidently strolled towards them, as if he were a prized possession, an unbothered king.

"Gulf, where have you been?" His mother whisper-yelled at him, expressing her disapproval.

"You know how important this occasion is for your husband." she continued shaking her head in disappointment

"All of the board members, the dignitaries and celebrities are already here, not to mention the paparazzi. Now Go, and be the best supportive husband," she admonished him.

"Be grateful that I even showed up mother!" Gulf retorted sharply to his mother and proceeded towards the stage where Mew awaited him to join in cutting the anniversary cake.

His parents exchanged worried looks.

Mew reached out his hand to assist Gulf in ascending the stage, and both pasted insincere smiles on their face for the audience.

While casually planting a peck on Gulf's forehead, Mew whispered, "You could have been punctual today, at the very least." Irritated, Gulf chose not to respond. 

POP!

Mew popped the champagne, causing a splash amid the cheers of onlookers."Cheers to our anniversary, my love," Mew softly kissed Gulf's lips, and they both raised their champagne glasses with forced smiles. As the night progressed, a spectacular fireworks display illuminated the sky, marking the pinnacle of the celebration. The bursts of color reflected in the eyes of the guests, creating a sense of awe and wonder.

Well past midnight, the guests had departed. Gulf, following his usual routine, had retired early, while Mew lingered until the last guest had left. Exhausted, he loosened his tie, removed his blazer jacket and he collapsed onto his bed. Gulf, already changed and refreshed, glanced over without offering any comfort. After freshening up, Mew joined Gulf in bed and reflected aloud with pride, "Tonight's party is going to make headlines tomorrow!"

Awaiting acknowledgment, Mew turned his head towards Gulf, who remained indifferent. Mew, eager for appreciation, asked him how he liked his gift. He had gifted Gulf a 21-karat, best-cut diamond ring. Mew wanted to give Gulf everything he desired, regardless of the cost. Money was no object for him, having worked hard to achieve his current position. Recalling a time a decade ago when he could only afford a cheap silver ring to propose, Mew felt guilty about not being able to offer something more significant. Despite Gulf's reserved nature regarding his desires, Mew disliked it when friends flaunted their expensive gifts to him.

A silver ring appeared more exquisite than the diamond  currently catching Gulf's gaze. But Gulf kept his thoughts to himself as he observed the large, gleaming stone adorning his finger.

"Well, it suits a director's status," Gulf commented after a long silence.

Irritated, Mew asked, "What does that even mean? "

"Why are you annoyed? I just said it complements your status."

"But you don't seem to like it much," Mew added,

Gulf, exhaling heavily, shifted on his side of the bed to face his husband

"It is nice, but..." Gulf hesitated, contemplating his next words.

He pondered whether it was the right time to ask. What if Mew refused? Despite the uncertainties, Gulf decided to take his chances. "May I ask for another gift?"

Mew, surprised, sat up and adjusted the pillow on his back. It wasn't often that Gulf made such requests. Pleasantly surprised, Mew eagerly inquired about Gulf's desired gift.

Nervously, Gulf opened the side drawer and retrieved a set of papers, handing them over to Mew.

"I want... a divorce."

AN: And that's our 1st chapter. How do you guys like it? Do let me know in the comments.

See you next time...😊😊