Love is Honesty

RIVER

Thursday couldn't come soon enough. Not because I had only two classes that day. Not because it was my day off from work. Heck, not even because I could actually catch up on the sleep I'd been missing all week.

But because it was time for my second dance lesson with Cas.

I found myself anticipating it, unreasonably giddy and anxious at the same time.

The first session was... intense. But once I got over the stunning deep gray-ness of Cas' eyes, the single dimple on his left cheek when he smiled, and the feeling of his breath blowing against my face as he gently guided me, it was just really fun.

But apart from that, being close to Cas felt natural, almost easy, but overbearing and wild all at the same time. It was hard to explain what it felt like, but with every passing day, I felt myself craving that feeling again, that closeness. And all I could think about as I sat in class that morning, was when It would finally be five in the evening.

"Are you even listening to me?"

Snapping out of my reverie, I turned to a chuckling Felix walking me out of class.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I was just... Thinking about something."

He gave me an unreadable look, eyes lingering on me for a long moment before speaking, "I was saying, let's hang out after classes today. Take a walk, grab dinner maybe?"

On any other day, I could have jumped at the opportunity to hang out with Felix. But today... Today I felt conflicted.

"I actually already have plans today," I replied.

"Yeah? With who?" He asked, and I wasn't sure why I hesitated before answering.

"Just my roommate."

His face went blank again as he nodded, "Ah, I see."

I chewed on my bottom lip, "How about tomorrow? After work."

"Sure, let's do tomorrow."

Just as we turned the corner in the large hallway, I spotted Casper walking in our direction. I was about to say hi, but realised he wasn't walking alone. A stunning girl was next to him, talking animatedly as Cas walked next to her in his usual aloof, uninterested way. But the distraction was enough for him to pass right by us without saying hi, which I wasn't used to. Cas' eyes would find me in any crowd, and once they did, he'd break out into a crude, beaming smile that felt like it was reserved just for me.

This time, he didn't even notice me there.

And for some reason, it annoyed me just a little.

"And... we've lost him again."

I turned back around toward an amused Felix, sheepishly rubbing my neck.

"Sorry, what were you saying this time?"

He shrugged, "Nothing important."

"What? No, tell me."

"Nope, you lost your chance."

"Oh, come on. Now I'm even more curious."

"Guess you'll just have to live with that."

"Felix, get back here!"

_

"Ow!"

"Sorry! Sorry..." I stammered, pulling my foot back.

"That's the third time you stepped on me today," Cas chuckled, holding me close as I instinctively began to pull away from the handhold. "That's no excuse to quit. The show must go on."