Introducing Arabella Baker - chapter 1 🎸

Arabella Baker was an independent girl who was born and grew up in the small town of Dorchester. The population was around 990 people and the baker family were quite close with most of them.

From a young age Arabella had taken a liking for ice hockey. Her dad would take her to watch games every Saturday and Sunday, and by the age of 9 she had become a pro on the ice.

She played for a team called Dorchester devils, she was by far the best player on the team. Due to there not being many female hockey fans in the area, Arabella was the only girl on the team.
The boys on the team would often make fun of her for being the only girl, and would make jokes on how she's too 'girly' for hockey or that girls don't belong in the sport.

Every time Arabella would go home upset because of something they had said, her father would always tell her that they were jealous due to how bad they played. She of course never believed him but she'd still smile and carry on with her day.

Arabella's life changed for the better the day her dad got a job offer all the way in Minneapolis,
that was just too good to not take. So Arabella and her family packed their bags and off they were on a 12 hour flight from Birmingham.