Chapter 4: Not a "shadow hero"?

Comincia dall'inizio

Actually, rather than feeling lonely. I thought of it as cool. It felt like I finally became a lone wolf unlike in my middle school years. "I feel like a lone wolf, kukuku..." is what I want to say.

"Anyway, I was thinking of ways to improve my shadow hero role."

"Oh, why's that?" Ayaka inquired.

I explained enthusiastically to Ayaka about my recent interest.

"Recently I've been watching this anime called The Weak Holy Knight of the Empire and then there's this mysterious cool looking character called Gaias." I started explaining,

"Just a moment ago he said "I'm always watching". Though I haven't seen him in any of the events that occurred. It was as though he was there from the very start, so he knew right away what was going on. Isn't he just so mysterious and cool!? You just gotta wonder where his information is coming from."

When I was telling her about my recent interest in Gaias, Ayaka recalled something.

'The week holy knight of the empire... Gaias... Ah! My friend loves that anime...' is what Ayaka realized, 'Is brother talking about that?! ...If it's like this then,'

"Wait!, I know that series!"

"?"

Turns out Ayaka also knows The Weak Holy Knight of the Empire. Well, it was a populay series after all.

'If it's going like this, now is my chance!'

Her eyes lit up and spoke with a serious and determined expression on her face.

"Brother! I want to show you something."

"...?! W-what is it?.."

I was a little startled, Ayaka who seemed so disinterested in chuuni stuff looked determined for some reason.

"It's about your shadow hero character and the secret identity behind Gaias's character."

"?!"

"Come to my room."

"?! ...A-Alright?"

I was a little surprised and hesitated to answer for a moment. I haven't seen Ayaka this enthusiastic about my shadow hero roleplay for a long time now. Maybe she thinks chuuni stuff is fun again...? ...maybe ...I would be happy if that was the case.

She grabbed my hand dragging me inside her room.

Inside Ayaka's room. Soon after entering, she turned on the computer and opened a site on Google. And to my surprise it was...

The tab that she opened was a site about The Weak Holy Knight of the Empire. To be even more specific, a data book of all the characters that even includes light novel content info.

"Brother, look"

She pointed at the monitor.

"What is it?"

"This is a data book on the characters of The Week Holy Knight of the Empire. Here you can see information about the mysterious character Gaias."

Turns out it was information on all of the characters of WHKE.

"If you read here, you will get to know Gaias's real identity"

"Let's see..."

I read the parts where Ayaka was pointing at and,

"Here it says that Gaias' real identity was... wait, What!?" My voice raised from surprise.

"Yes, what you are seeing right now is the truth. Gaias, the mysterious and anonymous character you looked up to so much's true identity is one of the weak-looking classmate characters of the Holy Knights Academy. He was fighting alongside the main cast all along!"