𝟬𝟬𝟯 - 𝗜 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝗨𝗻𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗥𝗲𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗮𝗹

Start from the beginning

"Alright, now, no texting during the rehearsal. At break, that is allowed. Okay, I don't want to keep you too long, since I know that some of y'all have school, but I just want you to see who has the main roles. So, Clara will be played by Jasmine Lopez." Everyone claps as Jasmine stands up. She does the same for the Nutcracker and the Rat King.

"Okay, the sugar plum fairy is played by Delilah Reichert!" Ms. Greenstone exclaims, turning to smile at me. I stand up and wave. People start clapping, including Viktoria and Kayla. They goofily grin and make me smile. I sit back down as she announces the rest.

"Okay, congratulations! I will see you in 2 days. Remember, come here 3 pm so you have enough time to prepare. Rehearsal starts at 3:30 on the dot, and you're expected to be warmed up. Thanks!" Ms. Greenstone says, dismissing everyone. I stuff crumpled up newspaper in my shoes and throw my toe spacers and toe tape in my pointe bag. I sigh as I stuff my water and fruit snacks in my main bag and put my phone in my pants pocket. I'll check my notifications in the bus.

"Alright guys, see you Tuesday," I say to Kayla and Viktoria. They hug me and I walk away. I walk out into the crisp autumn air. It's slowly turning into October, but not yet. It's still warm here in Charlotte, but it's starting to cool down. I see the bus and watch as the doors open. I climb up the stairs and choose a seat in the front. I take a few pictures to post of me on the bus. I check all of my social media apps, including Messages. It's just some texts from Olivia.

olive oil 🗣

deli
you at dance?
cause if not i still
wanna get eloise
and dexter tgther

sry just got out 😭
on the bus rn
yeah, js text me the plan

I scroll through my Instagram reels for 3 minutes until I realize I should probably check my new messages. I see a message from Dexter, Eloise, and someone else. I check Dexter's first.

definitelynotdex125

yo i think u left
your history book
at my house

ok, ill come tmrw
or can u js bring it
to school?

yeah sure

I look for Eloise's messages. She just sent me 5 reels, which I all watch. They are all the which type of gummy are you? I reply with gummy worm for all of them. Then, I check the last message. On my god. No way. I see a new message from Walker Scobell. What?

walker.scobell

hello! ik you will never
respond but i js wanna
say you will be the
perfect percy jackson
and congrats 🙏

oh wow thanks
also i did respond
do i get $50 bucks or smth?

dude, we just met
also omg this is so
embarrassing 😭

nah it's not
ive gotten some dms
from girls with pickup
lines and some saying
im "fine asf"

well you are
delilahreichert removed
this message!

what did u say?

nothing, sorry

oh okay
wyd??