"that's unbelievable! i can't believe he would do this! then what is he going to do? build the roman empire again? buy this whole town? he's able to do such things!" he seems very angry, fortunately she cheered him up with other conversations.
while they were talking they realized late that it was time to open the place, so they got busy just in time.
It was about 6:45am when Lorelai walked in.

"hey!" she said.

"hi! how was last night at your parents' house?" Luke asked her.

"ahh, don't ask me that please. i'll take two coffees, one to-go" she answered.

"why are your dinners at your parents' always sounds that tough?" Josie asked first to the woman who was waiting for her coffees.

"well uhm, it's because i told my parents that Christopher has a girlfriend and they didn't react well. my mom wants me and Christopher together, you know, for Rory..." she explained.

"oh i see, i'm sorry for what happened" Josie answered, lorelai smiled.
Josie immediately poured the coffee in the to-go cup for lorelai and waved at her as she was leaving.
Luke was going upstairs to bring down his little TV to watch the forecast for that day. As he was returning downstairs he brought this teeny tiny little TV and he was trying to turn it on and look for the weather forecast.
Suddenly Taylor showed up at the diner that morning, while Luke was trying to figure out his little TV.

"listen, i have a few words to say to you, Taylor" said Luke very angry, pointing a finger at Taylor Doose.

"listen, it's not decided yet, and it's for the town's good" he tried to explain.

"the town has MY diner" Luke continued.

"listen Luke, i don't wanna have this conversation right now, i just came here for breakfast and for saying that a storm is coming so you better lock these windows down and also this door." Taylor said as he was knocking on the windows and on the door of the diner.

"a storm?" Josie asked.

"yes, a storm and we will lock the diner if it's necessary, but now please go away" Luke said to Taylor.

"what about my coffee and my newspaper?" Taylor asked.

"another day, Taylor" and Luke pushed away Taylor and closed the door.

"so now what? we're closed? i can't go to school." Josie said to Luke.

"the streets are barely flooded, it has pouring rained the whole night..." luke said.

"so i guess we're gonna stay here for a while" he continued.
suddenly we heard some footsteps from the stairs.

"what is happening?" that was jess who had just come downstairs to see what was happening at the diner.

"apparently a storm is coming" Josie said to him.

"whooo that sounds nice and scary, i bet you're afraid of thunders!" he continued.

"no i'm not, are you?" she responded him.

"we'll see" he smirked at her passing by and grabbing something to eat.