Chapter 1 - Family Dinner

In the grand mansion of the Dee family, the entire family gathered for a joyful dinner. Michelle and Anntonia were present, along with Anntonia's parents.

The dining room was adorned with elegant decorations, and the table was filled with delectable dishes prepared by the skilled chefs of the mansion. Laughter and animated conversations filled the air as the family shared stories and caught up with each other's lives.

Meanwhile, Michelle and Anntonia were quietly eating their meal, listening to their parents' conversation. It was the first time they had seen each other as a married couple since Michelle had left for New York right after their wedding. She had to attend to an emergency issue with their family business there.

Seated next to each other, Michelle and Anntonia couldn't help but have their arms brush against each other, especially when they reached for the same dish they both desired.

Their eyes met, and Annntonia gave Michelle a sharp look, but Michelle responded with a teasing grin, as if playfully taunting her.

"Michelle, my dear, how is our business in New York?" Mr. Dee asked his daughter.

Michelle shifted her gaze away from Anntonia and turned to her father. "It's going well, Dad," she replied. "Our business in New York is doing fine."

Mr. Dee nodded, satisfied with the response. "That's good to hear, my dear. Keep up the good work."

"By the way, have you two planned your honeymoon?" Mr. Porsild asked.

The two of them were caught off guard by the question. They quickly grabbed their glasses filled with water almost simultaneously. As they regained their composure, they looked at their parents, who were staring at them with a confused expression.

"That's right. You haven't had your honeymoon yet. After the wedding, Michelle left the country for almost a month. Maybe you can continue with your honeymoon now," Mrs. Dee suggested.

"I just arrived home, Mom. I will be leaving again soon for our honeymoon? Can we postpone it for now? I have a lot of work that I left behind and need to finish," Michelle politely replied.

"Don't worry about the company, Samantha is there to handle your tasks. Your father and I are getting older, and we want to have grandchildren, my dear," Mrs. Dee said.

Once again, the couple was caught off guard by Mrs. Dee's statement, causing them to choke on their food.

"What's going on with the two of you?" Mr. Porsild asked, bewildered by their reaction.

They simply shook their heads, unable to find the right words to explain their feelings.

"Yes, my child. Your mother and I are getting older, so we need to have grandchildren to bring more joy to our home," Mr. Dee agreed.

Michelle didn't say anything but nodded in agreement with her father's suggestion. Since childhood, she had been obedient to her father, as she didn't want to see him get angry due to his heart condition. There was a time when he had a heart attack right in front of her, and she felt immense fear during those moments. She didn't want that to happen again.

"It seems like our young ones are too busy, so I'll take care of arranging their honeymoon," Mrs. Porsild volunteer, she smiled, widened

"You're right, amiga. I can help you with that," Mrs. Dee eagerly responded, filled with excitement.

"But, Mommy." Anntonia was about to respond, but her father cut her off.

"No 'buts,' Anntonia," Mr Porsild said sternly, interrupting what she was about to say.