Megumi and Nobara noticed that.

"Why are you wearing slippers?" The younger spiked-haired teenager inquired.

"I need my toes to breathe, y'know? They need air."

"Your toes can die for all I care."

"You are soooo mean. I kinda like them alive and healthy."

The latter rolled his eyes. Continuing his trot down the dorm's hallway. "Wear shoes. We're going to train. Not take a stroll on the beach."

Y/n groaned like a child. "Yeeees maaa'am."

Flinching at the term, he turned to Y/n. "Huh? Are you a child?"

Nobara sneered again. "He's on your nerves too, Megumi?"

---

After a series of death threats and murder attempts, Y/n finally changed into his running shoes.

As of late, the first years waited for their second years in the tracking field. The grass flowed with the wind as the trio waited, sitting on a flight of stairs.

Y/n decided to speak. "So, uh, I heard one of us died."

Nobara and Megumi twitched.

"...Who was it?" he continued.

For a minute, only the howling wind filled the silence.

...

The brunette finally answered. "Is that a genuine question, or are you gonna be an asshole about it?"

"The previous. I'm not evil, come on."

She sighed. "Yeah, one of us died. His name's...Yuji. Yuji Itadori."

"Cool name."

"Shut up," she grumbled. "He...He-...God--He was a good guy. Mostly an airhead, but..."

"..."

"He's a good guy...Too much of a good guy to leave anyone behind, really..." She commented. "Even though he just met them..."

Surprisingly enough, Y/n just silently nodded, listening to them. "Whoa. This Yuji guy must be a really good guy huh?"

The brunette rolled her eyes, a small smile forming. "Yeah definitely."

For a moment, there was a comfortable silence, replaced by the wind.

...

"They're here, by the way," Megumi announced, standing up from the flight of stairs.

Nobara did the same, groggily standing up in front of their 2nd years.

The Jujutsu High Second Years finally made their appearance.

As the said 2nd years came to a close, Panda noticed the addition to the first years.