Chapter 4

I sat on my bed, reading Josh's text.

Josh: Heyyy y/n
Me: hey josh :)
Josh: when do u want me to come over?
Me: oh i guess its already 4:30. You can come over rn
Josh: oh bet, ill tell my parents
Me: alright
Josh: omw

    A few minutes after texting, I run up to the living room to see my parents there on the couch. Now's my time. "Hey guys, Josh should be here in a minute for a history project we're doing together!" I say. My dad looks at me all weird.. again.

    "Sweetie, are you okay?" "Dad stop. You'll believe me in a minut-" a knock on the door interrupts me.

   That must be Josh. I open the door and there he is. "Hey Josh! Uhh these are my parents haha.." I nervously spoke.

"Hi y/n. And her parents!"  He greeted.

    My parents looked slightly shocked and then my mom just told us not to do anything crazy. I thought they would be nice enough to say anything to him but they didn't... they embarrass me too much sometimes.

    I went to the kitchen as he followed me. "Josh, do you like red bull?"

He looks at me with excitement. "Yeah of course! What flavor?"

"Thats up to you Josh, I have them all right now, the gas station still has the Juneberry ones so i have a lot of those." I say.

"Thats my favorite! Could i have one?" "Yes, and it's my favorite too." I giggle, handing him the red bull.

"Thank you, y/n". He says, softly smiling at me.

    We both go downstairs with our red bulls and he's amazed by my room.

"Y/n.. your room is so cool!" He complimented.

"Eh thanks, It's not complete yet though. I have a bigger room here than my last house so theres empty spots in here." I say.

He smiles at me and tilts his head like a puppy. "It still looks great."

    We open our red bulls, sitting on the floor together and start on the project. "Soo it's like a presentation thing right?" I ask.

"Uhh I think so.. I was not paying attention today at all." He sits there awkwardly.
"Well I wasn't either..."

    we both sat there looking at each other confused for a moment before bursting out in laughter.

    Josh pulls out his phone and starts texting someone. "I'm asking Jennifer what we're doing for the assignment, although she never answers her phone.. so we're kinda screwed tonight."

"Well I don't want to get yelled at on Monday!" I screech.

"y/n don't worry, we'll get it done. She might answer tomorrow though.." he added.

    "So what are we going to do while waiting?" I question.

"Uh.. probably just hang out, like for the whole night because I guarantee you she will not answer until tomorrow morning!" He laughs and looks at me. "I guess we could just talk.. like.. about things."

    I sit there awkwardly and fidgety so i pull out my phone and start taking pictures of Josh with funny filters on.

"Hey who said you could take pictures of me?!" He yelled and took my phone.

"Josh give it back!" I screeched, trying to take it back from him. I almost caught it, reaching for it when I fell over on him and suddenly I was on top of him. I just embarrassed the hell out of myself.

    I took my phone from his hand and quickly got off of him. Why did that have to happen to me?! Now I'm sure he hates me. I face the other wall blushing.

"I'm sorry Josh, I'm clumsy as hell. I didn't mean to-"

"Y/n, it's okay, I know you didn't mean to. You don't have to be sorry, relax. Don't turn the other way in embarrassment, just laugh about it." He says with a smile as I turn my head back around.

"Thank you." I say. I swear, butterflies are swarming in my stomach.

     He's being so sweet to me. He really isn't like any other boy I've met. I think I'm already in love. He's everything I've ever wanted in a boy. No no no. Ive fallen to quickly. I just met him. What is wrong with me?! I'm going crazy. Just.. I need to forget about my feelings. I'll try, for now.

     I try to find something to talk about. "Josh, want to see all my red bulls?" I pull out two huge boxes full of red bull cans. "Do you want to stack them in that corner? It's a little empty over there." I ask.

"Oh my god y/n you have so many! Yeah let's make a red bull wall!" He gets up and helps me move the boxes near the corner.

"Okay, be careful. We don't want to mess it up. One wrong move and it's tumbling down!" I giggle as he's already on the floor starting at the bottom.

                                —

     Twenty minutes later, we've finally finished the red bull wall. "Thanks for helping me put this up, Josh!" I thank him.

"You're welcome, y/n. It was really fun." He smiles.

     We start completely lose track of time. "Want to watch a movie?" Josh asks me.

"Yes, definitely!" I reply, turning on my tv as we look for something to watch.

     I get a bunch of snacks from my snack drawer and I set them down on the floor in front of the tv since it would feel weird if we were on the bed. We sat on the floor right next to each other.

    Time passes and the red bull is doing nothing. Half awake, I lay my head on Josh's shoulder and start to fully fall asleep. Damn it.