05 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

This wasn't her first time buying drugs, so she already knew the protocol. There should be no trails left behind. "How about a half ounce for...$20. That's okay with you? Heather also told me that you wanted Molly too?" Now in his hands, the plastic bag of marijuana was noticeable for Emmy. She remains on mute, not knowing how to respond. Gosh, she hopes she's not coming off as rude.

Eddie smiles kindly, providing Emmy with an offer she can't refuse. "You're a new customer, so I'll give you a discount." The bag of pills was still in the lunchbox.

Eddie could see the look on Emmy's face. She was giving him the feeling that she didn't want to be here. Plus, she wasn't saying anything. It's their first time meeting each other. Was he giving her a bad impression? Except, it wasn't like that. Her guilty conscious was eating at her. First, it started on the bus. Then, it followed her on her walk to see him. Now, she's certain that she was making a huge mistake.

     Finally, Emmy broke her silence. "I can't do this..." Shs motions to his lunchbox. "The thing is," Her tone was only above a whisper. The hesitation was carved on her face. Eddie was concentrated on her, oddly waiting to hear the rest of what she had to say. Is she an undercover cop here to arrest him?

     Emmy inhales and exhales before she continues, unaware of Eddie's frightened face. "I'm supposed to be sober right now. I mean, it hasn't even been that long, only two months, but I don't want to let down the people who care about me. If I break my sobriety, it'll only get worse." Regardless of anything, Emmy had a bad habit of putting herself first. She wouldn't consider that to be selfish, more like she was prioritizing. Yet, things were different. Now, Alexis was a priority too. Her feelings, the love she feels for Emmy, all of that has some type of value.

       Aside from Alexis, there was Micah. Her father means the world to her. What would he say if he was still alive? She could only imagine what his words would be: "Everything you do has an end result. It's your choice on the type of life you want to live."

      You see, Emmy is comfortable with taking a step forward, only to take several steps backward. It was a never-ending process with her, one that failed to produce good results. Grief wasn't kind to her. It was a lonely road. She fears the pain won't stop until it has consumed her whole.

      And that's why moving was the better choice. All of this was meant to be a fresh startthe start of something new. It wouldn't make sense for her to fall into bad habits. The only result would be to enroll into a rehabilitation facility. God knows, that's the last place on earth she wants to be.

"That's okay. I get it." He says gently. Sure, the deal didn't go in his favor. He was pretty chill about it. And truthfully, he's relieved she's not a cop. Also, based on her body language, he could tell that she wasn't joking around. Realistically, sobriety can be a struggle for many. Eddie barely knows her, but he's proud that she was able to admit her deep thoughts to a complete outsider.

"Really? I'm so sorry about dragging you all the way down here—" She attempts to soothe things over with an apology.

   Eddie chuckles lightly, creating a calm atmosphere. "Don't worry about it." Genuinely, he wasn't upset or disappointed.

"Okay," A grin tugs at Emmy's lips. She was appreciative of his calm demeanor. Perhaps, they can have a decent conversationone that's not focused on her personal battles. "Do you attend Hawkins High?" He didn't seem to be on the older side. She never got the chance to ask Heather many questions. Would it make a difference? It's not like she would've remembered anyway.

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀 ✶ Steve Harringtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें