"Motorized tools, silver bullets, anything that can freeze needs to be protected. Ten minutes exposed is ten minutes too long." Ana added with a few pointed looks of her own.

"It is us against the raving bitch side of Chicago. I expect us all to hold our own." The older man finish, warmly. "You all are dismissed."

*In the Bunk Room: A Few Minutes Later*

Everyone was crowded around one of the bunks because on said bed was a sweet baby girl that Peter was checking over.

"Ok. She's warming up. Heart rate's stable." He declared, setting his stethoscope aside as the infant cooed up at him. "No signs of frosbite. She wasn't out there long. . . where'd you find her?"

"On the apron, under the safe haven sign." Gabby replied.

"Any sign of who left her?" Joe wondered.

"It doesn't matter who left her. Safe haven means just that. No questions asked." Herrmann retorted, looking over at the older man. "Right, Chief?"

"Absolutely. What matters is she is here with us now. Our job is to get here the best care that she can get." He nodded. "So let's bring her over to Chicago Med. I'll call DCFS."

"Although I don't know if we'll be taking her anywhere anytime soon. That ambo's laid up." Peter shot a pointed look up at Capp, making everyone else do the same.

The man gazed around confused for a moment before realizing.

"I'm making some serious headway." He assured.

"Get it done then, Capp. Right now." Ana ordered, letting the baby play with her pinkie finger.

"In the meantime, I have some diapers, wipes, formula in the truck." Chief handed his keys over to Mouch. "Bring it over."

"Will do, Chief." He murmured, casting one last glance at the baby before leaving.

"Oh. All right." Sylvie grunted, picking up the infant and frowning at a distinct smell wafting off of her. "Uh-oh, our little guest smells kinda ripe. Might need a change."

Joe and Otis immediately looked at each other with wide eyes before walking away, neither of them wanting to be forced into diaper duty.

"I'll do it." Gabby and Ana both offered at the same time.

"Are you sure? I'd be happy to-"

"Absolutely. And I'll tell you what, Captain." The Candidate smiled, taking the baby from Sylvie. "You can change the next one."

"You got yourself a deal, Dawson." The brunette smirked, casting one last soft gaze at the infant before making her way out of the room.

She stepped into the hall just as Kelly walked by and immediately slid into step alongside him. He smiled down at her but a familiar voice had it fading immediately as well as the couple turning in the direction it came from.

"Good morning."  Lynette greeted with an unimpressed look on her face.

"Morning." The Lieutenant returned while Ana just nodded, shyly.

"You got a minute to talk?" The blonde inquired.

"About?" Kelly answered with a question of his own.

"Briefing room." Lynette nodded, curtly and brushed past him without even waiting for a response.

The couple exchanged a quick glance before following after her, not really having another choice.

"I hear Police Intelligence took down your arsonist." The blonde recalled as she stepped inside and Ana tensed, not liking where this was going. "Head shot, right?"