🍋 | Reward [JJ x Mikey]

(JJ decides to offer something to his friend Mikey that will satisfy both of their desires.)

(1,843 words)

"You're seriously a genius, JJ," Mikey started. They were in JJ's new automated gold factory, and Mikey had unfortunately lost the challenge due to the amount of gold JJ had earned because of it. "You're smart, and handsome, and rich... it's just not fair! I'm jealous; this might even be a Guinness World Record!"

"Of course." JJ thought to himself, feeling proud at what he'd accomplished. Just then, he recalled one of Mikey's compliments just now. "Wait, did he just call me handsome?"

"What's wrong, Mikey?" He asked, noticing that his friend looked incredibly disappointed. Despite changing the subject, he was distracted by his previous thoughts.

"I want an automated gold production factory too!" Mikey continued, great longing in his eyes. "Show me how to make one?"

"Sure thing Mikey, I'll teach you everything I know." JJ couldn't resist the pleading look he had. "Let's do it."

"Woohoo!" Mikey exclaimed, and started racing away after JJ turned off his GoPro to end the recording.

Before he could get very far, JJ called him back over. He definitely planned to ask Mikey about his compliment earlier about him being handsome, just to clarify that that was all it was.

"Can you come over to my living space for a minute?" JJ asked him. "I want to talk to you about something."

"Sure!" Mikey agreed, practically radiating excitement that he was going to learn how to build a factory just like his. "But make it fast, cause I wanna start making gold nuggets too."

-

On one side of his gold production factory, JJ had built himself a small living space. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was good enough to relax in. Mikey threw himself on the couch and sprawled for a minute, before sitting up once JJ sat down.

"Oh gosh," He raved. "Your factory is so cool. I'm glad I'm going to learn to make one, but even then, why did I spend so much time and effort into doing my part, when I know you're this capable? Why do I even try? It's probably because I'm so desperate to win against you; it's all I've ever wanted..."

Mikey seemed so lost in thought that he flinched when JJ tapped his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" JJ asked. Mikey nodded. "That's good, because I wanted to ask you about something."

"What is it?"

"When you called me handsome earlier, what did you mean by that?"

"I did what?" Mikey seemed to be taken incredibly off-guard by the question.

"You said I was smart, handsome, rich..."

"Oh my god! Did I really say that? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Woah, relax!" JJ said as he watched Mikey clutch his face for dear life and sink into the couch. "It's fine, right? Didn't you only mean it as a simple compliment?"

"Uh-"

"Mikey?"

"Y-Yeah, totally! Nothing to worry about; just a compliment!"

"I would believe that," JJ was honestly starting to get a kick out of his reaction at this point. "But something is telling me otherwise."

"What? W-What's telling you otherwise?"

"Your face."

"What about it?"

"You're blushing. A lot."