Part 1

How could I have been so unfortunate? Looking at what stood before me was anything but what I expected. I was a man of looks and talent and basically lacked nothing but what was given to me was the complete opposite. It was a man who had none of these. He was skinny and frail with messy black hair that nearly touched his shoulders. He could have easily been mistaken for a woman in other words. An ugly one.. I reached up to move his bangs only to meet a pair of dark brown eyes. My least favorite color. Ugh he even had some scarring that made him even harder to look at.

"Don't you like him sir?" A servant asked me. "I heard he was the best."

"More like the worst." I thought to myself as I examined him further. So many flaws, they were hard to overlook. "Take him to my chambers." I ordered him nonethless.

"Yes sir." He grabbed the man and led him away. I sighed before turning to face my right hand man. Elijah. "Was he really the best they had?" I asked him.

"It seems so. Why? Are you displeased?"

"Beyond. There are so many problems. He's not even my type."

"Don't be so harsh. Atleast get to know him."

"Alright, if you say so." I left for my chambers and there I found him again sitting on the bed. His head hung low and it almost looked like he was crying. I approached him and placed my hand on his shoulder startling him.

"I-I didn't hear you come in." He said.

"Were you crying?"

He shrugged, "Doesn't matter.."

I don't know what came over me, but the next thing I knew my fist had met his jaw and his body hit the floor with a soft thud. Before I realized what I had done it was too late.

"I'm sorry.." I looked down at him as he lay there unmoving. I knept down beside him and felt for a pulse. He was only unconscious thankfully. I lifted him into my arms. He was as light as a feather but reeked of a foul stench. I took him to the bathroom and ran a hot bath before undressing him, taking in his appearance. His ribcage was protruding as if he had been starved. I ignored it and lowered him into the bathtub to wash him. I grabbed a towel and began to clean him thoroughly. He was a lot dirtier than I thought. His skin was covered in residue and there was dirt underneath his nails. It made me question whether or not he was a slave before he was brought here. I shook the thought away and finished bathing him before draining the tub. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around him before carrying him back into the bedroom. I lay him on the bed and stared at him. He looked lifeless, like a corpse. His body seemed tortured which led me to assume there was another man before me, which of course would have been disappointing if it were true.

I looked away not bothering to comfirm whether or not it was the truth. But it was tempting. For a moment his naked form looked delightful.

Even so I left my room to join the others for dinner. It was my younger brother Adam's Birthday and we were to celebrate.

I took a seat at the table and the celebration began. We ate until our bellies were full.

"And congratulations to my brother Eric on his new bride." My brother Adam rose a toast to me. There was a round of applause and everyone looked to me.

"Thank you brother." We drank our wine and the celebration continued until the night was nearly over.

That's when I finally returned to my chambers. I found him asleep on the bed. I got undressed and went to him. I climbed on to the bed and hovered over his small frame.

"What is your name I wonder."

He began to shift.

I got off of him and lay beside him. I wouldn't take him tonight. Especially since I hadn't made a very good first impression. Hopefully he wouldn't remember it.