Mira felt her cheeks flush in deep embarrassment. Her mouth immediately went numb and seemed dried out of words or even letters and her eyes immediately dropped to the floor as they seemed unable to stare at any face.

She wished she could just disappear into thin air or perhaps the ground beneath her feet could magically open up and swallow her up. At least, being beneath the ground would be more quiet and less embarrassing. This was the last place she wanted to be at this moment.

"Don't worry piggy! I will try to draw an even uglier one next time if the need ever arises," Catherina finished off when no words seemed to be emerging from Mira's mouth. She made a disgusted sigh at Mira and then rudely brushed past her, towards her desk.

Her troop of friends all did the same thing as they all said one horrible word to Mira as they walked past her in pursuit of Catherina.

Immediately Catherina and her troop left, the crowd of students began to disperse as they now seemed to remember that they had something they had to do.

Mira struggled to hold back the tears that seemed to be threatening to flow out of her eyes.

Katya walked to Mira's front and tried to console her. "Don't feel sad Mira. It's only a drawing. It's not how you are. You are way prettier than that, okay?" Katya said softly to Mira but this only distracted Mira, letting the warm long-held tears flow down her cheeks.

"I'm really sorry Mira but don't worry, I will wipe it off quickly" Katya said, producing a white sheet of paper from her bag and tried to wipe off the drawing but it couldn't come off.

"Gosh! She's such a bitch! She even used permanent marker," Katya cursed frustratedly.

"Don't let it bother you too much, Mira. I will make sure to get it wiped off during the break period, alright?" Katya said to Mira with a smile but she only nodded without a word.

Mira walked silently to her chair, sat down and dropped her bag on the ugly drawing or more specifically, on her desk.

She didn't feel like being in school today. If only she knew, she would have skipped school today and maybe all this embarrassment would have been avoided.

Minutes later, Steve walked in to the class, went straight to his desk and sat down. He sat silently for a while before turning to Mira.

"Hi! Good morning," he said curtly.

"Good morning," Mira replied flatly and turned away. Catherina had ruined her morning and she didn't think there was any good left in it.

There was one embarrassment Mira had avoided. Steve's presence.

She was inwardly grateful that Steve had been absent when Catherina's cuckoos  had been happening.

As for the horrible drawing, she had spread a large colourful scarf on her desk to camouflage it.

Katya had promised to get rid of it during break that day and everything would return back to normal. Steve wouldn't see the ugly false drawing of her or find out that her and Catherina had had a bit of a clash except if rumours about it reached his ears.

Nah... Steve seemingly wasn't the type to sit about, to listen to gossips, so it wouldn't possibly reach his ears.

Later on, classes commenced and everyone seemed to act normal.

Mira had earlierly learnt from katya that Catherina was a superb latecomer and only came to school early when she had any mischievous motive against a student.

Mira tried to concentrate fully on the teachers who taught. It was hard to maintain focus as her eyes occasionally and unintentionally drifted to Steve.