Chapter 5

They walked silently along the passageway and took a right turn into another passageway. It was the route the kind girl who had showed Mira the principal's office had taken.

They climbed a short flight of stairs at the end of the passageway and came into a long corridor which had many doors on each side.

They walked past a few doors and then suddenly stopped at a larger looking door on the left which was painted in pure white oil paint.

Mira noticed that the corridors and staircases they had passed through had all been empty of students and she guessed that they were probably in their different classrooms having lectures.

Mr Tom knocked on the door twice and entered immediately with Mira trailing behind him.

As soon as Mira entered, about sixty to sixty-five pairs of eyes turned to stare at her from the classroom. The classroom was a fairly large one with a well carved leather padded chair and an iron desk attached with a locker to each student.

Mira suddenly felt very weak and nervous under the suspiciously gazing pairs of eyes which descended on her like an aircraft.

The teacher who had been absent-minded of their presence noticed the students distracted looks and turned towards the door. His grim brown eyes first spotted Mr.Tom before they moved behind him and rested on Mira.

The teacher's eyes rested on Mira for a brief moment before he shifted them to Mr.Tom who was now walking towards him.

Mr. Tom walked up to the middle aged teacher muttered a sort of greeting and said something which the teacher nodded to, then he turned and exited the classroom quite unnoticed.

Mira hadn't heard what Mr.Tom had said to the the teacher but she knew it was about her. She had seen Mr.Tom gesture slightly towards her before the teacher nodded.

Now left alone with only the teacher and the students, Mira felt more and more timid. This was the third time she had been left with a total stranger and it was quite worse when there were a bunch of them.

The grim faced teacher who had a few freckles scattered in bits around his face flashed a warm smile at her as he summoned her to come forward.

Mira came to the center front of the class facing the students with the teacher standing beside her.

"Young lady, could you please tell the class your name, where you come from and your previous school" the teacher asked to Mira with a reassuring smile.

Mira forced her eyes from the ground where she had dropped them since she had entered the classroom but after lifting them up for a few seconds, she dropped them again.

She had spotted only a few faces from the front row and they weren't acknowledging or warm faces.

She knew they were all staring and observing her every move and she wasn't ready to let them down or perhaps let her self down.

With summoned courage, she said "My name is Mira Whiteley. I come from Alaska in the countryside where I enrolled in Sun Bloom before I was transferred by the state to this school" she said with a breath of relieve.

"Is it the Alaska where most pigs and cows come from?" a dark haired boy with a round face asked mockingly.

"Yes. My mum was once a pig farmer while we still lived there" Mira replied raising her head slightly.

"I am sure the necessary introductions have been made. Mira, I hope with time, you will get to know all of their names and you guys could get a little acquitted" the teacher said clasping his palms gently together.

"So class, could you please welcome your new student?" the teacher said to the class with a smile.

The students stood up reluctantly and welcomed Mira mockingly but Mira didn't seem a bit annoyed.

"Mira, could you get to your seat so we could get back to lectures? Our time is ticking out and we haven't got much of it left" the teacher said staring down at the gold coloured Rolex wrist watch on his wrist.

Mira nodded and walked slowly towards the students who sat mutely on their desks as her eyes searched nervously for an empty desk. She spotted one in no time and walked up to it.

A blonde boy was seating beside it.

"I'm sorry dude but I don't think I can withstand a piglet seating beside me" he said smirking.

This caused an uproar of laughter from most of the students in the class. Mira's face flushed in embarrassment at this.

She lowered her face and moved away from the boy as her eyes began another search for another empty desk.

Just then, she spotted an empty desk at the far back end of the class with a boy and a girl on both sides of it.

She walked towards it. The girl sitting on the right side seemed to be staring intently at her from beneath her pair of spectacles and she jolted as the thoughts of being rejected and mocked again flew through her mind.

When she got closer, surprise took over her anxiety. She was the kind girl who had shown her to the principal's office earlier that morning.

When she got to the girl, she gave her a pleading look and the girl only smiled to her and nodded.

After getting an affirmative confirmation from the girl, she turned to the boy sitting on the other side

He had full caramel blonde hair swept neatly backward with a few locks falling loosely down the side of his face.

Mira could only see the side of his face and she noticed his cherry shaped pink lips and straight pointed nose. She couldn't see his eyes because he was staring at the teacher who was explaining something he had written on the white marker board.

His skin was very clear and almost white. It was the kind of skin that could entice anybody who saw it to touch it.

After gazing at him for a short while without him giving her any attention, Mira drew out the empty chair and sat down, dropping her bag on the empty desk.

When she sat down, she turned to the kind girl. "Thanks" she whispered.

The girl smiled and whispered back "No worries. Katya Patterson by the way".

"I am sorry but I'm a bit lost" Mira said with a confused look.

"I mean Katya Patterson is my name" the girl repeated calmly.

"Oh sorry, I didn't understand at first. You know mine right? I said it to the whole class a while ago" Mira asked.

"Yes, I do. It's Mira Whiteley" the girl replied with a nod and a flashing smile as she outstretched her palm "Nice to meet you Mira".

"Nice to meet you too Katya" Mira replied courtly in a low voice as she shook katya's hand.

They smiled gazing at each other as they felt a friendly bond growing between them.

After releasing their hands from each other's grip, Mira sat more comfortably and turned to the blonde boy who sat beside to her.

The boy seemed to notice her peering gaze and turned briefly to Mira.

Mira gasped.

********************

Hi guys!
Enjoying the chapter so far? I am sorry for cutting it so abruptly but you will receive a full compensation in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote if you loved the chapter and I promise to update as much as I can.

Love you all...