Chapter 1. Attraction...

Nobody knew about the strange detective's closely knit relationship with his suspect....They were both cunning actors with their own motives. They wore false masks of innocence and held back their own dark secrets as to not arouse suspicion because they felt the entire world meant nothing to them so long as the other continued to exist... Nobody had to know...Ever since L's eyes first laid upon his suspect Yagami Light, he had known....The rapid tug on his long--forgotten heart urged him to further examine the young man, as his mind reeled at every action and lingered on every word the divine young devil spoke. His words were velvet and laced with poison...His lips were warm but often spoke nothing but cold hollow words that meant nothing but false reassurements... Even the very beauty that shrouded him covered his tainted soul that cursed the world for humanities failures...He was his equal....L had never been more moved in his entire life of solitude-- For he had finally found something to die for...He began to take his plans into action when he initiated their first meeting at the boy's high school...Though no words had been exchanged while first recognizing the other's presence, both felt the strings of fate tighten in anticipation....Their gazes locked soley on the other as if silently accepting the consequences and future actions of what their meeting meant. L was deeply pleased....