Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School

Start from the beginning

For example, if I were to look at the window, listlessly staring off into space, wouldn't I look so mysterious? You began to wonder, what could he possibly be thinking as he got lost in deep thought, the afternoon breeze blowing on his bangs, looking so melancholic.

"Hm, hm..." I nodded, as if saying 'Yeah, this feels just about right.'

Minutes passed and the classroom is now filled with students assigned to this classroom.

The room now was filled with noise from the exchange of talks from one another, talking about such trivial things and some are still reserved waiting to be talked to.

This is the time to get to know each other, find out each other's interests, and get a read about their compatibility after all.

Everyone seems to be getting along with each other, trying to form their own circle of friends. Some talked to their friends that they're already familiar with, and some are making new ones, some are just waiting to be approached. The typical things that happen on your first day.

By the way, I was one of the latter. I hadn't seen any of my old classmates so I was waiting for someone to make the first move.

Because I still didn't know anyone in the class, I stayed in my seat waiting to be approached. You could say that I could just take the initiative, but I plan to be the silent and mysterious character in the classroom.

Also, wouldn't it be weird if a shadow hero suddenly approached you, asking if you could be friends? That's just so not mysterious character-like.

So, I stayed there waiting, but... they just stared at me, and when I tried looking back at them, they immediately shifted their glances away.

So, yeah... they haven't yet approached me... [Because he still looks angry from his glare.]

After waiting a while, the teacher finally arrived. The classroom that was filled with noise earlier disappeared and students are now returning to their seats.

With everyone now properly seated, the teacher introduced herself. She introduced herself as "Tomoyo Shirogane - sensei"

She mentioned that she's a new teacher and has just freshly graduated from college.

After the teacher finished her introduction, it was now time for the students' turn.

"-I'm looking forward to this year, I hope to get along with everyone."

After the guy in front of me finished his introduction, it's now my turn to introduce myself.

Everyone's attention is now focused on me.

I'm not saying that they were not paying attention to the other's introductions earlier, but because of the strange clothes and messy hairstyle, it amplified the attention I was getting from my classmates because of curiosity.

"My name is Yukiya Saito, and I am-"

Just about the time I told them something about myself, someone knocked on the door and interrupted.

"Excuse me, Shirogane-sensei. Is a student named Yukiya Saito here?"

The certain student's eyes roamed, ending up looking at me, the only person who was standing.

"Oh, he's over there. Sorry for the intrusion, can I borrow Yukiya Saito for a moment, Ms. Shirogane-sensei?"

I, who was the only one standing among my classmates at the time, was easily identified from the flashy clothes that I was wearing by the student council who asked for me.

I deduct he's part of the student council. You could tell by the yellow armband attached to his arm. Also, he was the same guy who stopped me at the entrance ceremony and confiscated my sword earlier, so he instantly knew it was me.

"Alright, make it quick."

Ms. Shirogane-senesei, our homeroom teacher replied and gave permission.

After getting permission, I stepped outside and had a talk about the thing from earlier.

I signed my name on a piece of paper as proof that the sword they confiscated was indeed mine, so I could claim it later after school.

By the time I returned, everyone had already finished their introductions.

Because of the student council asking for me, the only introduction I had was my name. I didn't even get to tell them my identity as "Phantom", the hero who lives in the shadows.

Everyone avoids me even more, because being called by the student council on your first day, made it even more seem like I was a person intentionally looking for trouble.