➥▮『ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾』▯

Start from the beginning

A man maneuvered his way through the crowd of athletes, instructing them to enter and distributing the assigned uniforms, including yours.

"We will contact you once you are deemed fit to depart this location and enter the next stage. Please kindly refrain from leaving at this moment, as it may disrupt the experience for others. We wouldn't want to spoil their enjoyment and to disappoint them right before you guys head out. Bye!"

"Hold on, I'm a girl-"

Left in bewilderment, a profound sensation overcame you, as if your soul had momentarily detached from its physical form.

A blink of astonishment ensued, marking the transition from confusion to a stark reality. The room teemed with boys, and, in your characteristic manner, you remained unperturbed by their presence. Yet, the looming expectation for everyone to change into the provided uniform added a layer of complexity.

Meaning, everyone's gaze was fixed upon you.

The present moment unfolded as the door slammed shut, leaving you amidst a sea of inquisitive gazes.

"Mui-chan!" Endou's cheerful greeting cut through the tension, offering a lifeline of familiarity. As you acknowledged him, the rest of the group observed with keen interest. Engaging in simultaneous conversations seemed a daunting task under the current circumstances.

"Ah, Endou-san."

In the present, familiarity had woven a delicate thread connecting you to this eclectic group. Some faces were already acquainted, while others existed in the world of recognition, originating not from their world but the reality you hailed from.

Facing the wall in a symbolic attempt at privacy, you noticed the respectful averting of gazes from those of the opposite gender.

Silently changing your shirt became a ritual of unspoken agreement.

Uncertainty lingered briefly, but a subtle determination propelled you forward. The purpose behind your question echoed beyond the immediate discomfort, resonating with the trustworthiness of this newfound realm, a stark contrast to the complexities of the world beyond its boundaries.

You were initially unsure, but you went ahead and did it anyway. What is the purpose behind your question? It is evident that they can be trusted, unlike those in the real world.

As you gently run your fingers along the hem of your shirt, meticulously arranging your freshly pressed uniform, the boys around you continue to avert their gazes.

Unaware of their reactions, you turn around and discover a surprising sight. Haizaki, the boy with apparent anger issues, now stands as a shield between you and the rest of the group. His protective stance, using his body to cover you, unveils a side of him that goes beyond expectations-a true gentleman in that particular moment. It doesn't escape your observant nature, and you express your gratitude with a light tap on his back.

"Thanks," you quietly convey before gracefully making your way to the chair where Hikaru is seated.

Despite being aware of Haizaki's traitorous nature, the pressing matter at hand is the usurpation of your chair. Arms crossed and back pressed against it, you contemplate the impending betrayal that Hikaru seems oblivious to. Closing your eyes for a moment, you're interrupted by the call of your name.

"Nozomi Kamui,"

"I'm going to beat you."

The seriousness in the challenger's expression, juxtaposed with the playful smile of Hiroto Kira, sets the stage for an intriguing exchange.

"Is that so? We're on the same team, though." Pointing out the shared team affiliation, you consider Hiroto's potential reaction to your challenge.

His smug expression only grows. "Oh, details. I'm just that good. Get ready to witness my legendary skills."