Next up was I Didn't Change My Number and let me tell you, her stage presence during that song was unmatched. While singing she came up to where I was standing. She sang the following part while looking directly at me:

Should've guessed 

you would think I was upset

You're obsessed

The girls around me went wild when she did that.

"Okay, fuck this. That's ridiculous. We are leaving," I said to Hannah.

"I did not drive here for 3 hours, queue for 13 hours in 38-degree heat for you not to hold up that stupid sign, let me tell you that," Hannah spat at me.

"Bro, she just sang in my face that she was not upset and that I'm obsessed. And she's probably right. That shit's embarrassing," I admitted. 

Billie now saw me as an obsessive fan who lied to her and queued for hours to get barricade, it crushed me even more.

"I am not going back home until she at least reads your stupid sign," she said firmly.

There were a few more times Billie looked at me and when she and Finneas went up to the middle of the stage to play the acoustic songs, I decided that I had no other choice but to hold up my sign now. 

They sat down on their chairs in the middle of the stage and performed I Love You, Your Power, and TV. She was only about 10 meters away from me, and I saw her glance at my sign while singing. I continued holding it up for the rest of the songs. I started to tear up, not just because of the situation, but because these songs, and especially TV always touched me deeply.

They got up from their seats, and Billie looked at me, mouthing "I bamboo you too". 

Her smile made me weak. Hannah stood next to me in disbelief.

"I think I get it now," she said, referring to my crush on Billie.

We enjoyed the rest of the show together, and my mood improved a little. I was unsure if her saying she bambooed me meant anything.

After playing Happier Than Ever she thanked everyone for coming and repeatedly told the fans that she loved them, pointing at them in the crowd. She said the last "I love you" and pointed at me. I just stared at her, tearing up again. She left the stage, and I didn't know what to do with my life now. 

We waited for about 10 minutes for everybody around us to start leaving so that we wouldn't be caught in the crowd right after the concert ended. I didn't know what to do I just sat down next to the barricade feeling emotionally and physically exhausted. Fuck. 

After a few minutes of calming down, we started heading out of the venue with the friends we made while waiting all day. At the gates, a man suddenly approached me and asked for my name. I told him, and he turned around to say something into his earpiece. 

"Okay, madam, I need you to come with me. Who are you here with?" he asked.

I pointed at Hannah, confused about what was happening. 

"Please follow me, ladies," the man said.

"Where are you taking us?" I inquired.

"Please just follow me." 

We followed him backstage. I didn't know what to expect from a backstage area, but it certainly wasn't what I had imagined. It was sprawling, with many people wearing all black.