Bestiary: Marghouls

Species: Marghoul

Family: Canidae

Diet: Carnivore.

Appearance: Marghouls are black furred canids, but with red eyes, rounded ears similar to the African wild dogs, but with a coyote-like or jackal-like body built, along with a hunchback and powerful jaws, which it's very similar to that of hyenas of Africa and Asia.

Status: Least Concern.

Bio: Marghouls are small, black furred species of vicious, dog-like canids that roamed the countryside of Trolberg or the United States, mostly found within the forests, open meadows or most commonly in their mountainous habitats. Marghouls are also known to be one of the most aggressive and most dangerous creatures, especially in large packs, capable of overwhelming prey several times larger than themselves by working together in massive packs. Marghouls can be dangerous by themselves, but in large packs up to near hundreds, they're unstoppable. These canines have extremely powerful jaws in order to crack open bones, similar to that of hyenas. According to few legends, marghouls are considered to be bad omens or even one of the most darkest creatures, constantly attacking and preying on humans or their animals, even going to graveyards to dig up fresh bodies and feast on their remains and were very known to be man-eaters when developing a taste for humans.