O N E

J U N E 28, 2023

I yawn as I sit patiently in Mikel Arteta's office. They're waiting on the man of the hour who happens to be running late. Typical Kai, of course he's late to his own presentation. I'm flying in from Portugal and even I managed to be on time, that man gives me grey hairs, I swear.

"My sources say he's finally here," Mikel says walking in handing me the beautiful Arsenal jersey with the number 29 on the back. "I'm terribly sorry we couldn't sign your father, how's he doing ?"

"Amazing," I smile, "he's happy in Saudi Arabia and I couldn't be happier for him."

"Heard he's bringing in lots of glory for them," he says, "and not just for Al Nassr, for the whole league as well, a trailblazer that one," he laughs.

"And to think many mocked him and called him finished," I laugh, "the Saudi league is far from being a retirement league."

"seems like it," he says.

"I'm gonna go check in with our media guy and give you some privacy, I'll have someone come get you when It's time," he says.

I nod, "thank you very much," I smile at him, "It was so nice to meet you."

"Pleasure has been all mine," he says walking out and closing the door behind him.

I slip the jersey over the shirt I was already wearing and sit back on the chair waiting for my cue to head out. A few minutes later, there's a soft knock on the door and I get up to go answer it rather than say come in because it could be Havertz and I could easily hide behind the door. I slowly open the door and hid behind it.

"He's not in here," I hear.

"Who opened the door ?" I hear someone else ask.

"A ghost," I whisper.

"Sofia ?" The second voice asks.

"Shhhh," I whisper, "no one should know I'm here."

"Where are you, exactly ?" The first voice asks.

"Come inside," I whisper.

The two boys walk inside and I shut the door behind them. It's Declan and Bukayo.

"It's not a ghost, Declan," Bukayo laughs.

"I see," Declan says, "Sofia dos Santo."

"Declan Rice," I smile at him.

"Bukayo Saka, great, we're all acquainted," Bukayo smiles. "What are you doing here ?"

"Considering Havertz is out with media, they're Chelsea pals and she's wearing his jersey, I'm guessing she's here to surprise him," Declan says.

"You'd be correct," I smile at him.

"And here I thought you'd be our women's signing of the season," he jokes.

"I think I'm done with the prem," I sigh, "at least for now. La liga is calling."

"Send them to voicemail," Bukayo says, "Arsenal is great."

"Chelsea wiped the floor with your women's team last season," I raise a brow.

"You wiped the floor with our women's team," Bukayo says. "Think about the satisfaction you'd receive when you wipe the floor with Chelsea this season."

"Bukayo makes a point," Declan shrugs.

"Even if I wanted to play for Arsenal," I say, "they didn't make an offer," I shrug.

"Think about how cool it'd be to be playing besides Kai again," Bukayo says.

"Technically, I don't play besides Kai, I train with him and live with him, but we don't play actual games together," I state.