1: EIGHT

▪︎

▪︎

Geto Suguru certainly lived up to the name of being a special grade sorcerer.

Although Aiko knew that there would be close to a thousand curses flooding the streets of Shinjuku on Christmas Eve, the number didn’t quite feel real until she saw the curses for herself. 

One second, the streets were eerily quiet, but in the time it took for her to blink, hundreds of curses manifested from what felt like thin air and immediately began to cause chaos. 

At once, all the sorcerers in the area sprung into action, using whatever skill set they had at their disposal to exorcise the curses around them. 

The red-haired sorcerer unsheathed her katana just in time to slice a rapidly approaching curse down the middle, whilst grimacing at the sheer creepiness of the protruding eyeballs all over the body.

Just as planned, the majority of the Tetsuya sorcerers were spread out across the other locations, with Aiko and Yabe representing the clan in the streets of Shinjuku alongside the strongest sorcerer himself. 

“Yabe,” Aiko called out, her katana gracefully slicing through yet another low level curse amongst the many others. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” 

“I don’t know, little robin. Am I?”

Aiko huffed as she briefly paused her movements, her head turning in time to watch Yabe exorcise a different curse with wrangly limbs. “Fine. I’ll do it myself.”

The older male gasped dramatically as he turned towards her, his arm moving backwards to strike a curse running up behind him. “No! We need to show everyone how cool the Tetsuya siblings are.”

Aiko snorted as she whirled around quickly, her senses alerting her of the presence of a curse advancing towards her. “Not today, ugly,” she spoke, her blade making contact with the leathery skin of the creature and slicing straight through. It let out a wail of pain, before crumbling into nothingness.  “I count twenty-three of them in this area alone. Now is the time to do it,” she called out to her older brother.

Yabe sheathed his katana and knelt down, his hands pressing into the hard ground. “Poseidon Technique: Raging Waves.” Cursed energy flowing from Yabe transformed into a torrent of water, rapidly flooding the immediate area where the curses were grouping together.

“Watch your step!” Aiko warned, using both hands to stab her katana into the over-saturated ground. “Zeus Technique: Thunder Blade.” The cursed energy flowing from her hands crackled to life like electricity, before travelling down the blade and through the water in waves of flashing light. 

All twenty-three curses froze in their steps all at once, eyes widening and limbs shaking as electricity flowed through their veins. The grade four curses succumbed first, and whilst the others put up a fight, it wasn't enough to withstand the power of the Tetsuya siblings.

Within just a few moments, any signs of there being curses completely disappeared. 

“Wow, look at us go,” Yabe bragged, despite there being no other sorcerers within their vicinity to witness the moment. 

Aiko didn’t respond, her fingers drawing out a kunai at lightning speed before hurling it in her brother’s direction. The metal of the kunai whistled as it flew through the air and past Yabe’s ear, just in time to sink into the skull of a winged curse hovering behind him.  

“Don’t let down your guard,” she warned with a raised brow as she pulled out her katana from the ground. 

“I was just testing you,” the older male waved off as he waited for the curse to disappear, before moving his hand to catch the falling kunai. “Think fast.”

The red-headed woman’s hand instinctively shot up, her refined reflexes allowing her to catch the sharp weapon with no problem. 

“Testing me. Sure,” Aiko said with a slight smile, beginning to move towards an area that required her assistance.

“I swear!” he called out as he strided after her, one hand dramatically splayed across his chest. “Would I lie to you?”

“Yes, you absolutely would. Like the time you-”

“Okay, now is not-” Yabe grunted as he punched a curse with an enhanced fist. “-the time for this.”

“Whatever.” 

Aiko surveyed the area before turning towards her brother. “I know the plan was for you to stay here, but I'd like to make a change now that I've assessed the battlefield.” 

Yabe shook his head. “There's no way I'm leaving your si-”

“I need you to protect Ieiri.”

Yabe instantly moved to a standstill and comically saluted. “Roger that, Captain.” Without so much as another word he turned on his feet and strode away, before sheepishly turning around when he was almost out of hearing distance. “Where's Ieiri again?” 

Aiko only let out a sigh. “She's set up a medical camp in the station. Don't you dare annoy her.” 

Yabe stuck out his tongue in retaliation before jogging away, occasionally punching a curse into nothingness as he ran.

With a laugh, Aiko continued to run through the main streets of Tokyo, effortlessly eliminating any curses in her path. 

She halted as she felt familiar cursed energy flowing from higher up, her eyes locating Gojo and his current rival on the rooftop of the next building over. 

She furrowed her brows as she watched them, intrigued by how the foreign sorcerer was managing to somehow keep up in a physical fight with the strongest. 

“Now's not the time, Aiko,” she muttered to herself as she pulled her gaze away and continued running, katana in hand to cut down curses in her path. 

Things seemed to be going well, at least for now. 

●☆●

Happy New Year 🫶

Happy New Year 🫶

A x