She felt weary and going to this house made her even wearier but she had to. At least for her mother's sake and happiness.

As she strolled across the path way in front of the house, she saw a blue avalonship land cruiser parked in its open driveway exactly like that of mysterious guy and she immediately thought of him.

She remembered his handsome face and calmly posture and smiled to herself as she climbed up a short flight of steps of the well tiled porch and stood before the huge door.

Mira tapped softly on the door bell and at once heard it's distant ring from inside the house but there was no reply. So, she pressed on it again as she stood there trying to guess how the occupants of the house would view her.

Then suddenly, the door flung open with a tall human figure standing in front of her.

When she looked up, she couldn't believe her eyes.

It was mysterious guy standing in front of her, dressed in a blue hoodie and black jeans with a pair of blue flip flops on his feet.

Mira rubbed her eyes a little to know if it was just an imagination of hers. Perhaps, her brain was just playing silly games with her eyes but when she looked up again, he was still standing there erect and staring  down at her.

"Hello! " she said, finally finding her voice.

"Hi!" he replied calmly with his eyes fixated on her.

"Do you live here?" she asked.

"Yes, I do" he replied.

"Alone?" she asked raising her brows.

"Yes I do and is there a problem with that?" he asked.

"No... no, I was just a bit surprised"she replied with an awkward smile as mysterious guy looked questionably down at her and she remembered her reason of coming there "Oh...I'm sorry. My mum asked me to give this to you. It's to the occupant of this house actually but since you are the one who it's sent to you" Mira said lifting the paper bag to him but he only looked at it and asked.

"What's that and what's it for?"

"They are freshly baked strawberry cupcakes. It's a neighbourhood introduction present and she's sorry for sending it quite late. We had a long unpacking actually" she explained.

"Thanks but I don't need it" he retorted.

"I'm sorry but you really need to take it. It's actually nice and delicious and I'm pretty sure you are gonna like it" Mira remarked.

"Okay. I will see" he said and collected it from her as their fingers brushed slightly.

"Send my appreciations to her" he said as Mira's disappointment quickly faded away and she turned to go.

"My name's Steve by the way" he said to her and she turned back in surprise to confirm if he was actually the one who had said that.

"Steve Michaelson" he repeated.

"Mine is Mira whiteley but you can just call me Mira" she said.

"It's nice to meet you Mira" he said in courtesy.

"... And it's nice to meet you too Steve" Mira replied as her face began to flush.

"Okay, bye and thanks for this" he said raising the fancy paper bag before shutting the  door.

Mira stood there transfixed and feeling unable to move. She couldn't believe that she had just exchanged names with mysterious guy or should she now call him Steve?

At last, she turned around and walked away trying hard to digest the fact that mysterious guy was her next door neighbour. He was the mystery occupant of the beautiful house beside hers that she frequently admired from her bedroom's window. He really was mysterious but oddly unpredictable.

He had shared his name with her and she couldn't wait to share her encounter with him to Katya. She tried picturing Katya's awed reaction to the news but no images came together in her brain as thoughts of Steve clouded her flaying mind.

Mira half ran to her house in excitement, like though someone could walk up to her and steal the fact that mysterious guy was her next door neighbour.

She felt it was too good to be stolen away and she ran straight to her room and firmly shut the door without bothering to inform her mother of how her cupcakes delivery had went.

When she was safe and in the comfort of her room, she jumped onto her bed and covered her self with a thick blanket. She made a slow rethink of her brief encounter with Steve a few minutes ago.

She had felt a frail strand of electricity jolt
through her when their fingers had brushed and she had tried hard to conceal it. She just hoped Steve hadn't sensed or noticed it.

Mira laid daydreaming of her next door prince and soon fell asleep.

****************************************

Hi everyone!

Did you enjoy the chapter? Don't forget to vote if you did!

I am open on how you want the next chapter to be.

Do you want a Mira and Steve encounter?
Or
Do you prefer a Mira and Catherina encounter.

You can make comments with your answers. I will be watching out for your replies!

Love you all...