Drabbles 2: Fight Nights and Pep Talks

Start from the beginning

Grim didn't expect anyone to notice. Was it the fact they went outside more? Or was it because they carried a lighter now? They may never know, but Grim didn't expect Kiino to notice. Let's start from the beginning; about an hour ago was when grim suspected it. Grim was outside, the cold autumn air soothing Grim's tense nerves. The cold was welcomed as Grim pulled out a small pack of cigarettes and lit one, taking a deep breath. Grim looked around, seeing cars pass by. Winter was coming soon which meant that the holiday rush would be here soon. That was going to add stress that Grim didn't need.

The door to the house swung up, alerting Grim that someone was coming outside. Quickly Grim threw the cigarette out in to the road, it burning out before whoever was there could see. To Grim's surprise is was Kiino, a blue jacket over their normal plaid shirt. They raised an eyebrow before questioning Grim.

"What are you doing out here?"

12. Pepe Talk (Continued from Smoking and both are based off a sorta RP I did with Kiino)

Grim froze, Kiino's suspicious stare making them a tad nervous. If Kiino found out Grim would never here the end of it or Grim would receive pity, something they didn't want. Smoking was helping a tiny bit with the loads of stress that was building up in Grim's mind. From Grim's aunt, to work, to just the nightmares of their fight with you know who. Grim tensed thinking of a reply and quickly responding. "Oh just enjoying the cold weather, I just got home from work after all." Which was true, Grim came home about ten minutes ago and went inside quickly to say hi to the Squad before going outside for a much needed break. Kiino didn't seem convinced, taking a few steps to stand shoulder to shoulder with Grim. Kiino was about four inches taller than Grim, making them tense a tiny bit more. Even though Grim was around three years younger than Kiino, they still felt like a child to them sometimes and other times Grim felt like an adult around them. It depended on the situation. Kiino walked over to some steps around the other side of the house, Grim not saying a word.

"Sit kid, we're gonna talk." Grim responded a tad shocked, but obeyed nonetheless.

"Wait what?" Kiino sat down beside them, sighing as they began to long stream of questions.

"Are you doing OK Grim?" Kiino eyes trailed to the road where Grim threw the cigarette. "Your breath smells like vile and smoke, have you been smoking?" Grim's heart stopped for a split second, probably showing a look of horror on their face at the moment. "Cause if you are, we need to have to have a talk." Avoiding eye contact, Grim replied.

"Uh, maybe?" Kiino frowned, clearly not convinced. If you didn't know already, Grim had a terrible habit of never giving a straight answer.

"Don't lie kid." Kiino's voice sound like ice to Grim: the tone carrying sternness, but also concern.

"Fine, yes I've been smoking!" Grim's cover was blown and it did not feel good at all.

"Why did you start? Was it some asshole that persuaded you into it?" Grim shook their head, looking away.

"Sorta."

"Give me a straight answer." Grim noticed Kiino tense up a bit, making Grim begin to have a few questions of their own. Grim sighed, digging through their memory to try and find the reason they started this awful thing.

"My dad used to from what I can remember and I guess it just sorta reached my mind one day. I can't remember much from it. It kinda helps me remember them a bit." Grim feels a small pat on the back from Kiino, giving them a bit of much needed comfort.

"I understand that you might've been a bit stressed or even depressed, but you know this isn't the way right? We're here for you if you need anyone to talk to." Grim nodded, but was still uneasy.

"I know that, but the stress is terrible. Tis hard to get rid of it." Kiino nodded, responding quickly.

"Don't you have any hobbies that help you express yourself in a different way? It'll be much healthier that way." The silver haired smoker suddenly felt as if they were being watched by prying eyes, but shook off the feeling to answer Kiino's question.

"Kinda. Like, I've been trying to find a way, but it doesn't work somehow. I was thinking of going back to coding, but that's a lot of sleepless nights I don't want to get into again." The memories were still haunting Grim's mind, they might not sleep a lot, but going a full three days without sleep drained Grim. Coding was time consuming and a very easy way to disconnect from the world in Grim's opinion.

"What's been stressing you out? I mean, I don't see why you would suddenly start smoking just now." Grim tensed, a sigh was all they could muster. It took a lot of strength to keep the bitter memories from completely haunting Grim's mind once again.

"Where to start? The stress of what happened back home for one, I'm pretty sure you know...that story. Gabe's death is still haunting me in the form of traumatic stress and my aunt is in the hospital with reparatory issues and I can't f-fucking go home to help h-her!" Grim's voice cracked in the slightest, surprising the two. Kiino recalled the dark story Grim spilled out one night after working very late, not knowing Kiino and a few others were there until it was too late. Grim quietly added, barely audible for Kiino to hear. "And my parents aren't helping much either." Kiino looked down for second before looking back at the 3D eyed young adult next to them.

"Maybe you should just try to stay with us? We'll try to help you in any way possible. Okay kid? I can't stand seeing any of you in such miserable and vast emotions, risking things that can conflict your life in a terrible way! I-I just don't want to see anyone going back into deep despair again." Kiino side hugged Grim, offering some comfort that Grim needed dearly. Grim returned it quickly, feeling as if a huge weight was lifted off their shoulders.

"T-thanks. I'll try to stop the smoking from now on, I promise Kiino." Kiino nodded, chucking a bit for some reason.

"No problem kid. Just keep in mind we love and care for you. We're here for you bud. No matter what happened to you years ago." Grim only replied with a simple "M'k." About a minute passed before Kiino shouted to the direction Grim thought they felt someone watching them. "Icky I know you're there!" Grim's eyes widened before looking up to see Icky watching them from the fucking roof of the house.

"WHAT THE FUCK ICKY!" Kiino sighed, pulling away from the hug and standing up.

"Oh well, can't change that now."

"You can say that again."

޲#