Chapter 1

Marinette was not having the best of days. First of all, there had been 2 Akuma attacks so far, Lila hasn't stopped lying yet, and on top of everything Lila was turning her friends against her. It had started with a simple lie about going to England then they started getting bigger. She then met Prince Ali, Saved Jagged Stones Kitten, and she was now good friends with Bruce Wayne.

The first Akuma attack she had to handle as Ladybug since they weren't anything out of the ordinary. It was a 5-year-old who was mad that they didn't get ice cream after dinner. They had gotten rid of all the adults and forced all of the kids to eat ice cream. The next one she had to handle as Multimouse because the Akuma was imitating Ladybug. It had been hard to De-evilize the Akuma, but she had found a way. Then, another Akuma started to fly towards them after they had fixed the last problem.

Marinette was now flipping out though she couldn't show it because she was transformed as Ladybug. "Chat! There is another Akuma coming. Stay back so I can De-evilize it!" She then started to swing her Yoyo around getting ready to Purify the Akuma. Though he didn't listen. He simply grabbed the Akuma and because she knew anything happened Hawkmoth was smirking at her. "C-Chat! Step away from him!" She was beyond freaking out at this point. She had surpassed any limit of shock and fear she had ever reached and broke through them with tremendous force.

Chatnoir just ignored her and went to stand closer to Hawkmoth. "That won't work now Ladybug. You see we have made a deal; he is no longer your puppet. He is now my apprentice," After Hawkmoth finished his rant a smirk grew bigger the paler, she got. Chatnoir just mirrored his smirk while looking her dead in the eyes. All she felt in that moment was betrayal. Then she started getting flashbacks to Chatblank. Once she managed to blink back the memories, she looked at Hawkmoth with a newfound determination.

He then dropped the bomb on her, "We won't be bothering Paris anymore since I have no use for this city. We will make sure to say, 'Hi' to Gotham for you when we get there. I'm sure everyone will welcome us with open arms." and with that they both vanished as quickly as they appeared.

She was speechless and all she could do was stand there and try and process what had just happened. Chatnoir was now on Hawkmoths side. They were leaving Paris and they were heading to Gotham, the city that was known for being the City of Crime. Without a second thought she immediately ran home.

Her parents had been killed in a robbery in the bakery 3 and half months ago so she didn't have to worry about asking their permission to go to Gotham.

Marinette packed everything she owned into the pocket of her yoyo and then closed down the bakery. As she was cleaning out her room Tikki had zipped out of her purse to look at Marinette with concern, "We have to go to Gotham. If we don't then this could go global." Before Tikki could finish her sentence, Marinette had looked at her with an expression that told Tikki everything she needed to know.

That's when she made her way to the hotel that Chloe's dad owns. By the time she got up to room 98 she was buzzing with anxiety. She then knocked on the door and Jagged opened the door. "Mari! How's my favorite Niece?" He asked in a joyful tone. Jagged had practically adopted her when he found out about her parents. He was paying for the bakery to stay open, not that she needed it, though it made him feel like he was helping her, so she let him. "Remember how you said that if I ever wanted to leave Paris, you would help me?" She asked, carefully wording her sentence.

Jagged's face morphed into one of understanding. He then grew serious, "Where do you need me to send the private jet too?" She just smiled and hugged him. "Gotham please," He hugged her back and started waking her to the front of the hotel. "I will drive you to the airstrip and then it's you on your own for a while lil rockstar. I will come to check in with you at Christmas but make sure to call me, okay?"

The whole time he was talking he had managed to drive them to the airstrip. She had no idea how much time had passed since they had gotten into the car, but she didn't care. He then handed her a black purse. Inside was a matching black wallet that had 6 different credit cards. "1 is for food, 1 is for fabrics and anything you may need to make your clothing, 1 is for schooling, 1 is for your baking, 1 is for your housing, and the other one is for you to spend for fun. Don't worry about overspending. Have fun, and don't argue with me Marinette. Let me do this for you."

He had read her mind because she was about to hand it back. She just hugged Jagged, and he hugged her back. She smiled at him and nodded. "I'll call every weekend and tell you how everything is going. I can't wait for Christmas!" and with that Jagged escorted her onto the plane and they said their goodbyes. With that Jagged watched his adopted niece fly away to start her new life.

~~~

17 Hours Later

~~~

After a 17 hour flight and a 10 hour sleep she had made it to Gotham. She had decided to spice up her outfit on the flight so that she could match the rainy complex of the city.

She then exited the private jet giving her thanks to the pilot and started making her way through the airport to the roads of Gotham

She then exited the private jet giving her thanks to the pilot and started making her way through the airport to the roads of Gotham. As she weaved her way through the airport, she managed to find a bathroom and ran inside locking the door. Marinette then placed her bag on the floor. This is when Tikki and Mullo decided to appear. She explained the situation to them and then fed them. After a long chat they retreated to her purse, and she made her way out of the toilets and made her way towards the closest exit.

She started walking from street to street until she bumped into someone, and she fell over. She ended up banging her head against the pole next to her. It wasn't hard enough to cause a concussion, but it was hard enough to give her a headache. The person she had walked into started to apologize profusely. She then looked up and saw a boy slightly older than her offering a hand to help her up.

She cleared her throat and started to speak in English. "It is fine Monsieur! It was my fault I'm not looking where I'm going," Her accent was coming out but not as much as she thought. "No! I am so sorry!" He kept apologizing and it was starting to get on her nerves, "I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng, what's your name?" She asked in a sweet but deadly tone. He immediately straightened up and smiled down at her and extended his hand, "Dick Grayson!"