21. The Sun's Unrequited Affection

Start from the beginning

Mirio went to the park Y/n and Tamaki used to hang out a lot when they were younger. There was a massive cherry blossom tree hidden deep in the forest part of the park, it took Mirio forever to get there. However, because of how secluded it was, it was a good hiding spot whenever they wanted to see each other growing up. Y/ns father always forbade her from hanging out with Tamaki and Mirio, so when she was younger, she had a lot of security detail to 'protect' her. When the girl was able to escape them, she ran away from home and headed to the cherry blossom tree to meet her friends. She and Tamaki stumbled upon it one day when they were ten and it just became their spot, the one where they could mess with Y/ns quirk and a bunch of butterflies would appear.

Y/n mentioned Tako loved to go into her memories because of this specific spot. Unfortunately, Mirio hasn't seen him yet. Of course, the blond man hasn't camped out there for the whole three weeks. It's only been half a day of him being alone in this mission, still the pro-hero was not a very patient man. So, he thought there might be another way to find Tako and a much faster one at that.

Honestly if he thought about it, if Tako failed his mission and released Y/n in the end, wouldn't he have been punished by 'this organization' he worked for?

Villains weren't kind to their own. If one of their associates turned against them in the end, then they would turn against them too. Villains never worked with traitors. They weren't like heroes, or at least like Mirio and his friends, who would've given Tako a second chance. Like what they're trying to do now once they find him. Mirio was 99% sure that Tako was currently being held prisoner now for his betrayal, it was basic hero 101. He's seen many people turn against their own when they attempted to turn their life around for the better.

That is what Tako did. To free Y/n and give her a chance to fight, he let her go. So Mirio had high suspicions that Tako was paying high for that price right now.

Which in the end meant, he could not find Tamaki's double so easily. Regardless of that fact, it was not an issue. The blond will save the person he saw as his brother, different universe aside, he was still Tamaki Amajiki. Mirio needed to speak with him. If they had Tako and he joined their group, they could defeat this organization Tako worked for, free the soul bearers they have and save Tako in the end, then send him back to his world.

Simple right?

Now all Mirio needed to know was where Tako's main camp base was located. Because of how rushed Tako left the base he had in Japan, the run-down mansion where he took Y/n, the indigo haired double left a lot of information behind. Gladly, Mirio took all Tako's personal notebooks before anyone could take them, it seemed that this other Tamaki also wrote a lot and somewhere in there Mirio would be able to find clues of where the main base was at. Every villain had a lair, it was a good thing Mirio was still working with the other heroes to find any suspicious activity within their regions. He hasn't heard from them yet. However, no update was better than getting a negative update of finding nothing because it meant it was still possible to find Tako.

Yes, Mirio should have probably brainstormed with his best friends first before sending them away, but he became the push they needed to finally take some time off. Mirio's been rooting for them since the very beginning of their friendship, all the way back when they were eight and Tamaki would get this star-struck look whenever he was near Y/n. And when the young girl herself would blush at Tamaki's proximity and calming aura. They complemented each other very well. Tamaki was calm while Y/n was hyper. The shy man was the tall and calm loveable part of their relationship, while Y/n was the short and sassy person who would fight literally anyone if provoked. Their personalities bled into each other; Y/n learned patience while Tamaki came out of his shell. Together they were unstoppable.