Chapter 2: The disappearence

A day after the incident, Grom was still worried about Ash's death. He didn't knew what to do or what to say if anyone asks him about Ash. Luckily for now nobody noticed yet. Or they didn't ask him about it. But still, Grom felt very guilty about what he has done. Every hour he kept remembering about the prank he did to Ash that caused his death, it made him way more paranoid.

Grom went for a walk to try to forget about the incident. But then Chester comes by to advice Grom.

Chester: Hey Grom. Can I talk about something?

Grom: I'm... Not in the mood...

Chester: Not in the mood? After the prank you gave to Ash eh? How it went by the way?

Grom: I.. Umm...

Grom didn't knew what to say since he's the reason why Ash is dead, but missing for the other brawlers.

Grom: I didn't saw him in the castle...

Chester: Oh.. So you didn't saw him aswell? This is getting weird...

Grom realized that Chester knew about Ash's dissapearence but he didn't knew who was the one behind all of it. Luckily, Grom was safe. But he was also worried if someone finded out.

Chester: What was the last time you saw him?

Grom: In the castle sweeping before going out for a walk...

Chester: *sigh* I know you wouldn't do anything bad. But that Ash disappeared out of trace, it's... Just... Odd...

Grom: 💭Oh god if he realizes that I accidentally killed him and hid his body I'm doomed...!!

Chester: Well, I will go play a match in Brawl Ball. I hope Ash is okay. See ya later.

Chester goes away and leaves Grom alone. Grom already noticed that things are going worse just because he pranked Ash by a jumpscare. And he knew some of the fault was by Chester. But most of the fault was Grom's.

Hours later, he went to CandyLand. Where all candies are free to taste and touch. He only went there to calm himself down. And try to forget about the incident of Ash. But suddenly, Leon touched his arm.

Leon: Erm.. Excuse me Mr. Grom?

Grom saw that Leon and Nita were next to him. And he got scared as his pedophobia already described him.

Grom: AAAAHH!

Leon: Oh sorry for scaring you. We were trying to find your pal Ash. But he seems to don't appear anywhere.

Nita: Nita misses Ash. 🙁

Leon: We were gonna ask two things if you don't mind... First, have you seen Ash anywhere..?

Grom: Umm... W-Why would you ask that to me-?

Nita: Nita and Leon want to go get candy from CandyLand. Ash help Nita and Leon because Papa and Mama go to date today.

Leon: He was gonna take us to the candy shop so we can eat some candy from Mandy's candy since our father Bo and our mother Amber went on a date today. And since Ash wasn't there, we would gentally ask if you could take us there instead. We understand you have a fear of us and other brawlers such as Bea, Meg, Penny, Bonnie, Sandy, and specially Gus. But it wouldn't hurt if you could just take us to the candy shop and after that we will leave you be.

Grom inhales and exhales and tries his best to don't get paranoid.

Grom: O...Ok...Okay...

So Grom takes Leon and Nita to the candy shop where Mandy is. At there, Mandy sees Grom taking Leon and Nita to the shop and she was kinda confused since she already knew that he has a very big phobia of children.

Nita: NITA HAVE CANDY!!

Leon: WOOHOO!!

Both Leon and Nita take candy as they enjoy being there. But Grom sits on the corner of the shop. Scared of the incident that keeps following him and of course, Leon and Nita. Mandy was worried so she went to check on him.

Mandy: Hey you, are you okay?

Grom: N-No...

Mandy sits with Grom and talks about it.

Mandy: Let me guess... It's about Ash, right? He was your biggest friend since you first came to Starr Park. Since you two are from the same trio. And he always cheered you up when you were feeling down.

Grom: He's... My best friend...

Mandy: I understand. I'm sure he will appear at any moment. Just don't worry at all. You can pick any candy you want.

Grom: Okay...

A couple of hours later, after Grom took Nita and Leon back to the jungle, it was already night time and Grom was ready to sleep.Kinda proud of himself facing his fears for once. He went to his bedroom and went to sleep. But he couldn't get rid of the incident out of his mind...

Hours later while Grom was sleeping, he hears groaning and wakes up scared in the middle of the graveyard. The same graveyard where he buried Ash's body. He heard the groaning under the ground, near the flower where he left the body.

And he was in complete shock when suddenly Ash's arm bursted out of the ground. Like if he was rising out of the grave. Such like a zombie. Grom couldn't move at all because of the fear. Then Ash completely came out of the ground looking now like a zombie. Making Grom scream in fear.

Grom: AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Ash: YOU... YOU RUINED MY LIFE... YOU PSYCHO...

Grom: I'M SORRY ASH! I DIDN'T MEANT TO KILL YOU! I WAS JUST TRYING OUT A HARMLESS PRANK!

Ash: HARMLESS?! HARMLESS YOU SAY?!?! GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK AND HIDING MY BODY?! YEAH, LIKE IF I WOULD FORGIVE YOU.

Grom slowly backs away in fear.

Grom: ASH PLEASE...! I AM YOUR FRIEND...! I DIDN'T REALLY MEANT TO KILL YOU!!

Ash: TIME IS OVER GROM. AND NOW THAT I CAME BACK FROM THE GRAVE...

Ash grabs the same shovel that Grom used to bury his body.

Ash: YOU MUST FEEL THE CONSEQUENCES...

Grom: WAIT- ASH DON'T!

Ash doesn't listen and smacks Grom with the shovel multiple times like if he was killing him while he was laughing.

Ash: AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

But then Grom wakes up in his bed screaming in fear of what he saw from the nightmare.

Grom: AAAHHH!!! Oh.... It was just... A horrible nightmare...

He quickly realizes that his soul is haunting him. And he will never leave him alone until something else is done... Such like burning down his body... And let him rest in peace for good...

End of chapter 2.