𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗛"But I don't want her to be alone"

"But I don't want her to be alone"

PRINCE RHAENAR VELARYON sat outside his mother's birthing chambers, wincing every time he heard a pain filled scream escape her lips. He hated to see, to hear his Mother in pain. He could vividly remember the first time he heard her scream during her labours. He and his younger brother, Jacaerys, were outside in the gardens of the Red Keep with their Septa, but Rhaenar was able to recall the sound of screaming echoing throughout the Red Keep. Jacaerys was too young at the time, but Rhaenar remembered everything. He recalled pleading with his Septa to go see and to help his Mother, yet the Septa denied his endless pleading, no matter how sweet she found him.

And years later, as his brave Mother was bringing another life into the world, Rhaenar still wished to help her. He sat outside her chambers with his back leant against the wall, which was the closest he could be to her right now. Call him a, "Mother's boy," like Aegon often did, he did not care in the slightest. His mother was his hero, his best friend, and he was in complete and utter awe of what she was doing.

"Your mother will be just fine, Prince Rhaenar."

Rhaenar jumped at the sudden voice coming from beside him. The young boy looked up to see that it was Ser Harwin Strong that had joined him.

"She is a very brave woman, not to mention that she has done this three times before."

Rhaenar fiddled with the ring on his middle finger— a beautifully crafted seahorse that Helaena had gifted him for his 9th name day. It was a trait that he shared with his mother when they were both nervous, yet too stubborn to show it.

"I know that she will be fine, Ser Harwin," Rhaenar replied. "But I don't want her to be all alone."

Harwin smiled softly. "She isn't alone, little mouse. She has got the best midwives to help her through every step of bringing your new sibling into the world."

Rhaenar abruptly stood to his feet "But the midwives don't count! They are not her family!" His eyes were wider than usual, showing his irritation. "Muña should be with her family, but due to some dreadful tradition made by a man too terrified to see a woman give birth, men cannot be present!"

Ser Harwin often didn't see the similarities between himself and Rhaenar like he did with Jacaerys and Lucerys. Rhaenar held more similarities with Rhaenyra, than he did with him. Yet, right now in this moment, he understood why Rhaenyra often said Rhaenar reminded her of him. His son was a kind soul, much like himself, and he cared deeply about those that he loved, and he also loved his Mother very dearly, just like Harwin did with his own Mother when she was alive.

Rhaenar was much like Harwin, but the blood of the dragon coursed through his veins like dragon fire, overpowering the Strong genes within.

"When am I married, I will be with my lady-wife during everything," Rhaenar continued, voice filled with determination. "I wouldn't leave her alone in pain. I will be there to hold her hand and take the brunt of her anger. Anything for Hela— her to feel the slightest bit better."