Sabrina's pov
i wake in a familiar place. the couch in the back of the club. i sit up and the owner says "had quite a night sabrina"
offering me motrin and water. "thanks ralph. where's my friends?" i ask. "they all left you here" he says his eyes showing sorrow. memories of last night come. felix and i kissed. that's the last thing i remember. he left me here? i nod "thanks" standing grabbing my jacket. "word of advice sabrina?" he says. i nod and turn to him "get out of Felix's web before you end up hurt" i smile "thanks" and leave. i head to my dorm and ignore more calls from my mother. and felix too. i nurse my hangover and study.

felix's pov
i wake with little recollection as to how i got to my dorm. where's Sab? oliver comes over and i ask "what happened last night?" he gives me a remorseful look "you don't remember?" "remember what?" i ask. "you kissed sabrina. and she ended up going home with someone else" he tells me. what? i ask "did she kiss me back?" sabrina's not the type to just have a one night stand. she's had a few. 3. she said she was in a dark place. she wouldn't explain from what. or why. but she generally doesn't like them. he says "was hard to tell. you got trashed seeing her with someone else and well here you are" i nod and take out my phone "what are you doing?" he asks. "calling her and making sure she's okay" i tell him just for it to be sent to voicemail. she lets it ring a bit telling me she's just declining the call. he says "i think she's preoccupied mate"

i get a tiny memory of last night. her words about oliver. i shake my head "something's wrong. i'm going to her dorm" getting changed and leaving him despite his protests

Sabrina's pov
i huff seeing another call. unknown number. i answer "hello?" "hi is this Sabrina Meyers?" the voice says. i say "this is she" "im sorry ms Meyers but we have reason to believe elizebeth, your mother has died in her home a few hours ago. we're going to need you to confirm the identity" white noise. nausea. my phone falls out my hand. dead. she's dead. i hated her yes. but she's dead. i'm an orphan now. i mean i considered myself one since she killed my father after hiding an addiction and becoming abusive. "hello?" the voice says. "i'll be there soon" i tell her hanging up.

i torture myself and listen to the voicemails she's left me.

"hi sabrina...this is me...your mother. elizabeth. i'm uh...i know you don't want to talk to me and why. but i've changed...rehab and therapy. i've cleaned up. i promise. please answer me. you're my only child and i'd love it if we can reconnect"

then another

"sabrina it's me again. this house is so lonely. no light. no fun. remember when we used to have fun? i do. and i miss it and i know it's my fault. how's college"

last time we had fun i was 9. she cheated on my father and turned to drugs. they'd argue every night. then the abuse happened. to me. to him. she caught on that he was preparing for a divorce and taking me. and she killed him. i saw it happen. she went to prison...paid her way out of a life sentence after 3 years. i was with my grandparents who weren't better. they didn't care. they took me because she asked them to. she came back and took me back. the drugs, the men, the abuse didn't stop. i ran as soon as i turned 18 and never looked back. we were rich. very much so.

i got a scholarship because i wanted nothing to do with my family name...more importantly...her. so i did it all myself.

i listen to another

"sabrina...please answer. i can't take this anymore" she says crying sniffling. tears fall. for the mother i had for 9 years before she ruined it all.

"i need you baby. so much. i got this number from your grandparents things. you know they died? yeah. they're gone. but now so are you. i have no right to ask for forgiveness but i am. for a start atleast" she says

and i listen again

"this is the last one i'll ever send. i couldn't do it. i thought by staying clean...you'd come home atleast. but it's no use. don't blame yourself for what i'm going to do. i deserve it for what i've done" and it cuts off. i dress in

i grab my car keys and open the door just to see Felix

i grab my car keys and open the door just to see Felix. he says "Sab you haven't been answering your phone" i shake my head "i don't have time for this felix." "wait. have you been crying? what's going on? talk to me" he begs softly. i walk away from him and to my car. he gets in "get out of the car felix" i huff. i need to do this alone. he doesn't need to see what fucked up shit i'm the product of. i don't want his pity more than i get. "no. whatever it is we're going to do it together" he says. and i tell him "get out of the car. okay? i don't have time for this. this isn't your thing to worry about. it's mine."

he asks "who'd you go home with last night?" i scoff "seriously?! get out of my car!" he says "we kissed and you went off with someone else" i ask "what the fuck are you even talking about? you left Felix! i woke up in the back room on the couch alone hungover! you kissed me and then abandoned me at the club!" he's confused "what? oliver said" i scoff "of course. oliver. your pet is who you left with felix. i blacked out drunk after that and don't know what else happened but i do remember you leaving me at the club you invited me to after kissing me" he says "i did that? why would Oliver lie?" "because he's a prick and wants me gone. i told you to be careful with him Fee" i sigh. he asks "where are we going?" "we're not going anywhere...i am" i say.

he tells me "whatever it is it has you upset let me drive. you shouldn't drive in this state love. just give directions" i get out the car knowing he's right. guess i have to expose everything today. fuck.