~*Happy New Year*~

New Year's Day, the first dawn of the year. A time of renewal and fresh starts. The moment when we say goodbye to the old and hello to the new...by celebrating with those we care for the most.

"There!" Obi-Wan declared, straightening the star. "How does that look, darling?"

"As pretty as a card," you said with a warm smile, setting a tray filled with fresh baked cookies on the small table.

It had been barely over a week since Obi had popped the big question and what followed was a whirlwind of craziness. First you told your family of the joyous news, which they were absolutely elated for you both. Then there was the whole matter of sorting out certain affairs, the biggest being of how you were going to tell the other most important person in Obi-Wan's life...Anakin.

With two hot chocolates in hand, you came to join your fiancé next to the tree. Offering him a nug, Obi accepted it gladly. "Do you really think Anakin's going to like all of this?" He asked, wrapping an arm lazily around your waist.

"Of course," you laughed, resting your head on his shoulder. "In fact, I know Ani will love it."

"Speaking of the little imp," Obi-Wan muttered, sensing a ripple in the force.

The second bedroom door slid open and out stepped a still half-asleep Anakin. "G'morning, master," the ten-year-old yawned, completely oblivious to his surroundings.

Not wanting to spoil the surprise quite yet, Obi replied in his usual cool tone. "Good morning, young one."

"Morning, Ani," you chimed in the chipperly.

"G'morning, Aun..." Anakin began to mumble, when suddenly your voice registered, and he snapped fully awake. "Auntie!" He exclaimed excitedly, running over and throwing his short arms around you.

"Hey, kiddo," you hugged him back tightly. "Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year," the padawan beamed up at you. "Are you here to go to the festival with me and master?"

Obi-Wan tousled Ani's hair. "She certainly did. She also came to help me prepare this special surprise for you."

On cue, Obi and you stepped to the side. Revealing the tree, presents, decorations, and cookies.

Anakin's eyes widened in wonderment as he took everything in. "Whoa, what is all of this?!"

You couldn't help but giggle as you watched Ani immediately zone in on the gifts. Typical kid. "This is your first Christmas."

"Christmas?" He asked, gently shaking a package. "What's that?"

Grabbing a cookie for them both, Obi-Wan came to join his apprentice on the floor. "It's a holiday your Auntie celebrates on her planet around this time of the season. She wanted to share it with you. Maybe make it a yearly tradition for the three of us. What do you think?"

Anakin took a big bite of his gingerbread wookie. "If it means I get yummy treats, presents, and spend the whole day with you guys...then I'm in!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a morning filled with eating sweets, merrymaking, and unwrapping heartfelt gifts...it was time for the New Year Fete.

The two of you agreed to tell Ani your big news after the fireworks tonight. A wonderful way to end an absolutely perfect day. And, with that plan in place, your happy trio headed off to the festival.

As soon as you arrived, Anakin, of course, began begging for some kind of sugary snack.

"Haven't you had enough already?" Obi chuckled as he (and you) were led through the bustling crowd, to the nearest confectionery stall.

"Nope, never enough!" Ani replied cheekily, before asking the elderly vendor nicely for an order of fried dough balls.

"Oh my, such a polite young man," she kindly said, handing Anakin his container. "And handsome too with that scarf and pendant."

A huge grin spread across his face. He had loved the scarf and river stone pendant you both made him so much, that he insisted on wearing them out today. "Thanks! They're gifts from my mom and dad!"

Trying not to show either of your surprise, Obi-Wan quickly paid the woman and whisked you all to a more secluded area.

Exchanging glances with Obi, you sat down on the bench next to Ani. "Kiddo, why did you tell that lady we're your parents?"

"'cause," Anakin mumbled, popping a ball into his mouth.

"Because why?" Obi-wan asked, taking the other seat beside Ani.

Swallowing, the padawan reached for another. "Because Auntie has that ring on her finger. Which means you're getting married, and we'll become a family. So that will make you like my mom and dad."

Anakin paused a moment, looking back and forth between you two. "I got that right, right? Unless you don't want me to be your kid."

Neither of you could believe what you just heard. Anakin had known all along, and he wanted to...

Smiling softly, you pulled him into a loving embrace. "You got it right, Ani."

"We would be honored to have you as our kid," Obi added, joining in on the group hug.

"Wizard," Anakin said happily, tears of joy shining in his eyes.