𝐓𝐖𝐎. the summer pact

Start from the beginning

"Oh really? I actually play hockey." He remarks, "That's so cool! Do you play with the triplets?" I inquire. "Yep, number five." He nods. "Ohh. You're really good! I've never really paid attention to the players— just the numbers. It's good to put a name to a face." I exclaim.

He rubs the back of his neck, obviously flustered. I start grinning ear to ear. "Why are you smiling so big?" Nate muses. "I dunno. I just never expected to be talking to you." I shrug.

"Why is that?" He asks, "I guess I just thought you were really cool and mature." I reply, sighing. "Cool? A hundred percent. Mature, I don't know about that."

I laugh, he's actually really funny. "You are really cool, Nate."

"Thanks, Stassie."

I like his accent. Of course, we live in Boston, and people are going to have accents but his is strong and it's really nice. I smile at the thought.

"Stassie!" A loud squawk-like noise breaks the silence. Chris's body slams into my back, "Hi, Chrissy." I laugh, hugging his arms. "What happened to being right back? It's been fifteen minutes." Matt asks in a way I can't tell if he's teasing or being genuine.

Matt sits next to Nate with Nick behind him. Chris drops onto his back behind me. "We were trying to have a civilized conversation, Matthew." Nate replies sassily, which is ironic because haven't spoke before this.

I chuckle and look over at the brunette. I hear a group of people approaching and I turn. My friends. I quickly jump up and sprint towards them. "Justine!" I call out.

She squeals and engulfs me. I hug my other friends as they say things along the lines of "I haven't seen you in so long. I've missed you!"

"Okay, I totally saw you over here with Nathan Doe by yourselves." Mckenna teases, poking my ribs with her elbow. "Is that why you're all over here?" I ask, waving my hands around.

"Shh, you're telling our secrets." Summer shushes and I grin. "You are 110% macking Nathan D-" Mckenna begins to say as Justine gives her wide eyes and nods over to the boys.

Mckenna is a loud person. In a good way of course. She's one of my oldest friends. Us and Justine met at church and have been inseparable since. Then we took in Britney, a girl I met at softball camp in second grade.

Then Meira decided she liked us and came along. Meira and I met during soccer in fifth grade. We all found out we all went to the same church and we all absolutely flipped. I loved all my girls, but no one could compare to the triplets. Too bad my two groups didn't exactly blend well.

"Wait isn't this on your bucket list?" Britney asks, the other girls' eyes widen. "Kissing Nathan Doe is on your bucket list?" Meira asks, stunned.

"No! Kissing a boy is. It doesn't have to be Nate." I remark, "Cute nickname, did you plan your kids' names' too?" Justine jokes, "You're the worst." I hide my face in her shoulder.

"Please. For us." Mckenna says. "What?" I ask.

"Please kiss Nathan Doe this summer."

I opened my mouth but no words come out. I was completely stunned. "Do it. For us. Let's make it a pact. If you don't we'll— do something." Summer says. "If I'm going to do it, I want to want to do it. Not like a bet."

I look over at Nate, he glances at me and immediately looks back at me when he notices my vision lingering on him. He waves, big eyes, big smile. My heart begins to speed up.

"No promises."

author's note ༊*·˚
i think i accidentally wrote stassie's friends as kinda annoying? please tell me if they are because they're not supposed to be! also invisible strings ;))

❛ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 ❜
¨. ༢ ͎۪۫  written by amy! ·˚ ◡̈

 ༢ ͎۪۫  written by amy! ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈