"Hello handsome! How many times do I have to tell you to the keep away from this shit load of studying?" she asked in a sweet voice but mysterious guy was still nonchalant to acknowledge her presence.

"Handsome, you know I'm talking to you, so I don't expect you to keep me waiting" she added with a slight frown but mysterious guy still played ignorant of her.

Then suddenly, Catherina turned to Mira "I see you got piglet sitting beside you which is not very good. You never let me sit next to you. So, why would you let a common pig farmer sit next to you?" she asked in feigned disgust and the whole class bursted out in laughter.

Mira lowered her face in shame as embarrassment washed over her.

Just then, mysterious guy looked up for the first time since Catherina's arrival with a big grown on his face.

"I see you have nothing to do on your fun list, so i advice you go stick your head in a cow's dung if you have no games to play now. It's best than abusing someone who is a lot better than you are" mysterious guy retorted.

The whole class rose in muffled and suppressed laughters as they seemed scared of laughing aloud in Catherina's presence.

Catherina immediately coloured with shame and jealousy as his words reached her ears and she turned angrily to Mira.

"You are the cause of this bitch! so don't you worry 'cause I have got a lot of shocking surprises in stock for you! " Catherina blurted angrily to Mira before turning and walking away to her desk. She walked away fuming and her friends didn't hesitate to take on her angry look as they stared daggers at Mira with their colourfully painted eyes.

Mira's brain seemed to suddenly go blank as it tried to process what had just happened in front of her eyes or rather in front of her... Because her eyes had been down the whole time staring at her trembling hands which she had kept on her laps.

Handsome mysterious guy had stood up to famous hot Catherina on her behalf?! She felt very grateful to him. He was a rare gem and she could feel her heart go out to him that instant.

"Thanks a whole lot" she muttered to mysterious guy.

He turned to her "For what?"

"You know, for defending me"she said shyly.

" I don't think I was defending you, so don't appreciate me" he replied and turned away immediately.

"Oh I'm sorry" Mira whispered, turning away as she felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

About a minute later, a huge electric bell engraved into the wall rang for the end of the break period. Shortly after, a teacher walked into the class and lectures commenced.

Through out the whole class and the ones after, Mira sat paying less attention to the teachers and more to mysterious guy who sat beside her and unaware of her blunt staring.

After a few long hours of learning, the school dismissal Bell finally rang and the teacher left the class in a hurry which Mira was inwardly grateful for. She didn't think she could endure even an added minute of learning because she felt both exhausted and sore.

The students stood up and started packing their books into their bags.

Mysterious guy packed his and left the class quickly without speaking to anyone. Mira and Katya packed theirs too and made their way out of the classroom to get their bicycles in the parking lot.

When they were out of the school building and unto the vast compound, Mira asked suddenly to Katya "It seems like mysterious guy is always alone. Why is that?"

"What do you mean?" Katya asked with a confused look.

"He seems to be keeping to himself all the time. Doesn't he perhaps have friends to hang out with?" Mira asked more clarified.

"That's why he's called Mysterious guy. Why did you think we call him that?" Katya asked with a smirk.

"Maybe, 'cause he is good looking?" Mira replied hesitantly.

"Yeah but that's not the only reason. It's because he's strange. He hates to hang out and hates friend or company and guess what?" Katya asked readjusting her spectacles.

"I can't guess" Mira replied.

"He's very intelligent. He's like a genius. I think you saw him studying throughout the day, right?" Katya asked.

"Yes, I did"

"That's what he does every single day at school. Today is the first day in this semester but he study's like though we would be having an exam next week. Isn't that awesome? Maybe that's why he is always top of the class" Katya remarked giggling.

"I think it's awesome but a bit strange too. However, I could guess him being the top of the class 'cause he seems like that sort of person" Mira remarked feeling inwardly awed.

"His very rich, you know. I heard that he doesn't live far from the school and rumours once had it that his family is very influential and even wealthier than Catherina's family" Katya said.

"Are you serious about that?!" Mira asked as her surprise grew above normal limits.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I hear he lives alone too. His family live in California and I sometimes wondered why he's down in New York" Katya said to bewildered Mira.

They soon got to the parking lot. Just as they got there, they spotted mysterious guy getting into a blue blue Avalonship Land Cruiser.

" Is that his car?" Mira asked.

"Yes it is one of his cars. I told you he's family is very rich but he isn't as proud as Catherina" Katya whispered to Mira.

"One of his cars! Do you mean he has more of those?" Mira asked in perplexity

"Yeah. You understand the reasons why we call him mysterious guy right?" Katya asked but Mira only nodded.

Mysterious guy soon drove off and Mira and Katya strolled to where their bicycles were parked because they both had bikes.

They unlocked it with the keys they had and dropped both the keys and the padlocks back in place.

"You got a beautiful bike right there, you know?... And it seems like you fancy pink a lot?" Katya asked staring down at Mira's bike.

"Thanks. Pink is my favourite colour" Mira said hopping onto her bicycle. "Yours look good too. Purple's your favourite colour, I think?" Mira asked with a smile.

"Yes, it is" Katya replied as she hopped onto her bicycle and they rode off slowly out the school large gate.

They discussed cheerfully as they rode close to each other and on a slow pace till they got to a split junction. Katya took the left path while Mira rode straight ahead to her home.

*****************************

Hi guys!

As a compensation to the late update, I will be adding a Mira and mysterious guy scenario in the next chapter. His real name will be coming up there too!

Please don't forget to vote...

Love you all...