Chapter 2

I awoke to the faint sound of my heart beating softly in my ears and a consistent dripping to my left. My body ached the more I came to. I felt something stuck to my left hand and something firm wrapped around my ribs and left arm. I groaned slightly when I tried to pry my eyes open. I wanted to know where I was and what had happened after the bus crash. I don't remember much of the events that occured after the buses smashed into each other and passengers were thrown about and injured. My wolf was pestering me to remember something important but I just couldn’t seem to understand what it was.

     As my eyes finally opened and adjusted to my surroundings, I realized I was in some kind of a white sterile hospital room. It didn't even really seem like a hospital at all really. It had no windows, no typical walls or flooring. There weren't any hospital curtains or cabinetry. Just the bed I was on, an IV pole, some machines beeping away, and a chair to my right, that I just noticed housed a sleeping male. 

     I whimpered in fright of the unknown intimidating male. He sat stiffly in the chair with his big arms crossed and his eyes closed. I noticed the red tips at the ends of his hair and recognized the coffee and nutmeg scent he was exuding. He seemed very familiar. 

     At the sound of my whimper the male awoke abruptly and swiftly looked around as if to check for any danger. Once sure there was nothing here to harm us, he turned his beautiful honey golden eyes onto my slightly trembling form half sat up in the medical bed. 

     “Hello little mate. I am Varsin. Do you remember me?” Varsin asked me gruffly with a calm expression. His eyes searching mine as he took in my state.

     I swallowed but nodded after a moment of silence passed between us. I was nervous having someone so close but he calmed me like no one ever could with just his scent alone. It made me feel safe and protected. I felt similar when we were at the bus crash too. I recognized him after looking him over while he slept. He was my newly found mate. I still couldn't believe that I even had one. After all these years of jealousy for others that had a mate and were protected by their other half, I finally had one. But would he even want me after he finds out what I've become? After finding out how my past has shaped me to who I am now?

     'A shell of myself ' I thought scared of what might happen. 

     “Wh-where are we-e?” I asked shakily as I looked around the white room and gripped the sheets, my white cuffs catching the light above.

     “One of the comfort rooms.” Varsin growled slightly as he got up to stand next to my bed. He grabbed me gently under the legs and around my back, careful of my injuries, and lifted me onto his lap as he sat down on the bed. I went stiff from the contact and the closeness of another person, but gradually relaxed when his scent engulfed all of my senses. My body was wound so tight that I didn't even notice my wolf and I needed this so badly. 

     “W- what's a c-comfort room?” I asked quietly as I peeked timidly up at Varsin. He was looking right back at me. His eyes held a bit of rage in them though. Like this room was one of the worst places we could possibly be in.

     “It is a special room built by The System to soothe and comfort any out of control wolf. It is used in cases of an Alpha being too much to handle and going on a rampage or if newly found mates feel as if they are in any danger. This room is sterile and clean of all things that carry a scent except those of the new mates. It helps them to calm down knowing they are the only two in the space and that nothing will separate the pair. I was tranquilized at the bus crash scene and we were both brought here. The System and the police must have figured it would be the safest choice for us seeing as we were newly found mates and I do NOT allow others near me or my Omega. You were badly injured and I would have killed to protect you.” Varsin growled out as he pulled me closer and rubbed his nose along the side of my neck.