Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 15)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Time was passing so slowly, I just wanted him to be here already. I wanted to feel his arms wrapped around me tightly. There was nothing else better in the world.

As the minutes passed I thought of clever ways to make the time pass quicker. I lean back on the rock and start counting the stars. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, it was perfect timing, but soon I lost counting. I look back towards the isolated beach to see if I saw him, but there was no site of Danny.

Was he standing me up?

I reached to my back pocket and grabbed my phone to see if he had text me changing the plans, but there was no text. I sigh as I laid the phone on the big gigantic rock beside me, putting the volume on loud. My mind thought of reasons he would be taking so long, but nothing came to mind. He was probably just making love to his soon to be wife, just like he had made love to me just a week before.

I lean back up looking towards the dark ocean wandering what it would actually be like to swim in the ocean at night. That was one thing I had never done before, and I was feeling pretty dangerous tonight. I honestly just needed to occupy my mind. If Danny was standing me up, that was the last thing I needed to be worrying about. I pushed myself up from the rock and stood there for a moment thinking.

Just dive in Sam, live on the edge, my conscious thought.

I wanted too, but I was a bit afraid. I had no clue what would be swimming around in there at night, and I honestly didn't want to find out. I had to live a little though, I wouldn't ever know what it was like if I didn't try. I slipped off my sweater and shorts. I stood there for a moment again before I dove in; when I did I felt a rush of adrenaline flow through my body. The water felt amazing on my skin as it hit me.

The water was somewhat cold, as I waded around by the rocks. It wasn't an unbearable cold though, it was actually pretty nice. I felt the water slash as I started to swim, not knowing which was I was heading.

I swam and swam until I could hardly see the shore anymore. It was the first time I had every felt like I had full control over anything and it felt amazing.

Absolutely nothing ran through my mind as I stroked through the waves towards the deeper ocean. It was almost as amazing as running on the beach at night. Swimming though, you were actually in the waves rather than hearing them.

Of course I had been in the ocean before, but never at night. I had never felt the wave's crash upon me like they were tonight.

I finally look up from the swimming and look back towards the light house. I could have swam for many more miles, but I figured as far as I had gone tonight would be enough. I was much farther than I ever thought I would be. So I headed back towards the rocks, hoping Danny would be there. I didn't have my heart set on it, but I did hope he was there. Who wouldn't?

I was half way back towards the light house when the wind started picking up. The wind was blowing so hard, I thought I would never make it back.

Breathlessly, I stop swimming taking a moment to catch my breath. Swimming may have been more fun than running, but it was significantly harder.

I kept paddling my arms hoping that I would soon make it back. I felt like it was a long hall way, getting longer and longer as I thought I was getting closer.

I had to take two more stopping breaks before I finally made it back towards the light house. Trying to climb up the rocks wasn't the best idea though, I should have just swam to shore and then just made my way back towards the light house. I was persistent though, I wanted to be back to my phone to see if he had text me. I wasn't getting there soon enough though.