"Jake, you can't just stop like that."

He was looking over at two girls. Each of them had black hair. One wore a huge jacket, so big that they couldn't see the rest of her outfit since she was turned to her side. The other had bigger hair, but it was covered by a hat she wore. She also wore a camo shirt, blue denim shorts and a studded belt.

The girl in the jacket seemed to say something to her firmed, before disappearing round a corner. The girl in camo then began walking in the guys' direction.

"You're gonna have to move, man," Johnnie said. Jake still said nothing. "What? You think she's got or something? Get her number."

"I mean, yeah," Jake finally said, "But that's not why I'm- No way."

"Are you okay?"

As the girl finally got close to them, Jake addressed her directly.

"Maria Caddel?"

The girls head shot up at the name, her eyes wide. "How do you know- Oh my god. Jake Webber?!"

"So you did end up in LA. Man, I haven't seen you in almost ten years."

"I'm surprised you recognised me with all this filler in my face. Also, it's Devi now."

"Devi Caddel?"

Maria laughed. "No, Maria Devi."

"Wait a minute. Who's your friend?"

"Her name's Mandi, why?"

"With and 'i'?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh my god, I know your friend! Wow, what a small world. You know, last I heard you ran away to live with your boyfriend."

"That didn't last long. Now I live with Mandi, I have for seven years."

"Wow. You know, you look great."

Maria smiled. "Thanks, Jake. Really been taking care of myself."

"It shows."

"I'm sorry, how do you two know each other?" Johnnie asked.

"Middle school," Maria said, "And, like, two months of high school, until I ran away to LA when I was fifteen."

"I remember the search parties for you," Jake said.

"Me too, I was at some of them."

"Thats like showing up to your own funeral," Mandi suddenly appeared behind Jake and Johnnie, making them jump before she walked around them and stood next to Maria. "Hey, Tina."

"How the hell do you know about that?" Jake asked.

"I don't, but a bunch of people were replying with it under your comment on my post. Who's your friend?"

Johnnie said nothing, suddenly nervous. Mandi didn't mind, figuring it was just a thing around strangers, but Maria smirked, knowing he was just fine with strangers until Mandi showed up. He obviously found her attractive.

"This is Johnnie," Jake said, "He doesn't know how to talk to women."

Johnnie suddenly came out of the spell he seemed to be under, smacking Jake lightly on the arm. "I can so talk to women."

"Sure, bud. Listen, we gotta get back to shopping, we're actually recording, but I'll give you two our numbers, it'd be nice to hang out. We could catch up, Maria."

"Well, it's nice to have one of the only good parts of Kansas back in my life."

The two girls walked away, Johnnie's eyes lingering on Mandi until they walked around the corner.

"Johnnie's got a little crush," Jake said, putting on some sort of southern mom accent.

"No," Johnnie said, "She's just cool, you don't really see cool people around here anymore."

"We're in LA, we always see cool people."

"Well, not her cool."

"Hm. Okay."

"What about you, huh? What about Maria?"

"Hey, don't twist that."

"So she's not, like, a middle school crush?"

"No, we barely knew each other in middle school, we just sat next to each other in math class. We were both terrible at it, so we'd just sit and talk instead."

"Sure, Jake, you totally don't find here hot."

Johnnie began to walk away and into the next isle, followed by Jake.

"I mean, I didn't say that."

As for the girls, they went home shortly after bumping into Jake and Johnnie, sitting down on the couch and eating the only thing they'd bought in target: ice cream

"So, how do you know Jake?"

"Middle school math class. We'd talk a lot in there, but not outside of class. I guess you could've called us friends, I don't know. You?"

"I told you the other day, he helped me pick out your shirts."

"Oh, so he has your same unfunny humour."

Mandi threw a couch cushion at Maria. "Hey, don't act like you didn't let out a little snicker at that shirt."

"I did not."

"Whatever, liar. Anyway, don't you think that Johnnie guys super cool?"

"One of the few people I've seen here that slightly dress like you."

"Right? Man, he's cool. So's Jake. We should hang out with them."

"Yeah, maybe. Did he say he was filming earlier?"

"Mhm. I look them up before, they both have YouTube channels with, like, a million subscribers. We're YouTubers, too."

"Wow, now we need to start our own YouTuber house," Maria said sarcastically.

"Maybe we should."