kailani turned to alaina with a sort of confused expression, only to see she had the same one.

"you look good, ma." zayn spoke, making her pull her eyes away. he gently grabbed her waist, looking at her entire figure. "what are you, cat woman?"

kailani smiled, nodded her head as she kept eye contact with the boy, before looking down at his outfit. "you didn't dress up? it's a costume party!"

he chuckled, "i ain't have a costume."

she rolled her eyes playfully, her eyes drifting away from him as she heard david's voice. "what's the word?" he shouted, a smile resting on his face as she dabbed up both zayn and cee.

"oh nah." he laughed, pointing at loren's costume. "you magic mike?"

she nodded, spinning around. she was proud of her costume.

"what are you?" darrian asked from beside him, pointing at alaina.

"Katherine pierce."

"fuck is that?"

"have you never watched the vampire diaries?"

"nah."

alaina shook her head, waving her hand in a way to tell him she wasn't going to explain it to him.

"you a cat?" david asked kailani, sticking his arm out as she brought her into a side hug.

"cat woman." she corrected, nodding her head.

david held onto a ghost face mask, but he was wearing a regular outfit.

darrian wore a black wife beater and grey-ish jeans, and held onto a micheal myers mask.

and ethan was just wearing all black, with a black cap that wrapped around his neck.

"i'm surprised y'all actually dressed up." loren spoke, her eyes trailing over all of their costumes.

"y'all wouldn't shut the fuck up about it." ddot rolled his eyes, moving past the girls as he poured himself a shot.

ethan stood silent, his eyes trailing down kailanis body as he realized the two had unintentionally matched.

zayn noticed as well, looking between the two with his eyes squinted as he felt sort of jealous. he wondered if it was planned, but stayed silent.

AROUND TWO hours has passed. the group had basically all split up.

kailani had lost ddot, notti and dd a long time ago. zayn was talking to a large group of people somewhere— as far as she could remember, alaina had joined a drinking game, and kai and cee were watching a drunk loren dance and sing loudly.

the girls voice was shaky, and it seemed like she was on the verge of tears, but was also in a very good mood, which confused the two friends that watched her.

kailani glanced at cee, noticing how he watched the girl with a smile. she smiled to herself, leaning closer to him so he could hear her better. "do you like loren?"

"what?" cees face scrunched.

kailani laughed at how defensive he got, throwing up her hands. "i'm just asking."

"nah." he shook his head, but his face faltered for a second and it almost seemed like he was trying to convince himself, as well.

kailani tapped her fingers on her legs. she was growing bored, and tired.

"you got her, if i go home, right?" she asked cee, watching as he nodded and she quickly said her goodbyes, before standing up and walking towards the front door of the house she was in.