Prologue

Editted 6/10/16

((The picture above is what Edin looks like.))

Disclaimer: I do not own the Hobbit or any media that I use in this story. I only own my OC, Edin, and all deviations for the original plot of the Hobbit.

~An Old Friend~

Being on your own is not easy. In fact, it is extremely hard. You have no one to help you. You have no one to keep you company. You are left to your thoughts and the dangers of the wild. You are completely and utterly alone. That has been my life for the past century. I have been traveling through Middle Earth, protecting it from evil.

But I guess that I am not always alone. I do meet people and make friends along the paths I take. For instance, I have been traveling to Rivendell to visit my good friend, Lord Elrond, and restock my supplies.

I am almost there. My wings are tired from flying for so long. It is not long before I can see the Valley of Imaldris below. Feeling that my wings will soon give out, I quickly descend into the courtyard. My wings are a beautiful silver color with gold veins running through them. When my feet touched the ground, I hid my wings. I can hide them so that they don't get wet or damaged. I also hide them if I don't want to reveal my heritage.

"Edin! Creoso, mellonnen!(Welcome, my friend)" I heard a voice behind me say. I turned to see lord Elrond descending the stairs.

I ran up to him and hugged him before stepping back to look at him. "Greetings, mellonnen! It has been too long. How are you?" I say with a smile.

"I am well! Thank you for asking. What brings you to Rivendell?" he said smiling down at me. I am only the size of an average Dwarf, so Elrond a lot taller than me.

"I needed a break from traveling and to restock my supplies. I hope that is okay?"

"Of course it is okay, my dear! I will have your room prepared for you." He waves his hand and two sevants leave to prepare my room.

"Thank you, Elrond. I am in need of some rest after flying for so long." I said with a yawn.

"Indeed! Allow me to escort you to your room. I would like to hear of your travels once you have rested." lord Elrond said, offering me his arm.

"Very well, Elrond! I will tell you everything at dinner." I said as I wrapped my arm around his. We, then, started walking in the direction of my room.

As we walked, I could not help but to admire the scenery as we walked through Rivendell. It had been so long since my last visit, but it seems that nothing has changed. When we arrived at my room, I said goodbye to Lord Elrond and went inside.

It looked the same as the last time I saw it. I went to the bathroom and saw that the tub was filled with steaming water. I smiled and prepared myself for a much needed bath. I slipped into the warm water and immediately felt myself relax. I grabbed some floral scented shampoos and started to wash the dirt from my long white blonde hair. I, then, rinsed the shampoo from my hair and put in some conditioner that I let in as I washed my body. I dunked myself under the water to get rid of the soap and conditioner.

As I got out of the now dirty water, I grabbed a nearby towel to dry myself with. Once I was dry, I put on the nightgown that I brought with me into the bathroom. I sat in front of the vanity in my room and combed the tangles out of my waist-length hair. I could see my grey, almost silver, eyes in the mirror on the vanity.

When I was finished, I walked over to my bed and collapsed upon it. I was out like a light a few seconds after my head hit the soft pillows.

~time skip because I am lazy and want to get to the important stuff~

It has been a week since my arrival in Rivendell. I told Elrond all about my adventures through Middle Earth. Now, I was sitting in the gardens admiring the nature surrounding me. I felt at peace. I have always loved the outdoors, but that is just part of being a Faerie.

I sat there for a time, listening to the birds singing and the babbling of the nearby stream. I was so caught up in the beauty around me, that I did not here the person approaching until they cleared their throat to get my attention.

I was brought out of my daydream and quickly turned to see who made the noise. I was surprised to see Gandalf the grey standing there.

"Hello, Gandalf! It is nice to see you again!" I smile at the old wizard which he returns.

"Hello, my dear Edin! It's has been too long. How are you this fine day?" he asked.

"I am well, thank you! So... What brings you to Rivendell, my friend?" I looked up at him from where I sat on a bench.

He his eyes twinkled mischievously as he smiled. "I have actually come to see you." he said.

"Why do you need to see me, Gandalf? " I asked.

"I am looking for someone to share an adventure with!" he said grinning as if he already knows what my answer will be.

"May I ask what this adventure is about?"

"You may, but that does not mean I will answer you."

I sighed, typical Gandalf. "Very well. You have caught my intrest now. I will join you." I said, standing from my seated position.

"Excellent! Come to the Shire in three days time. Once there, look for the home of Bilbo Baggins. There will be a mark on the door, look for it! It is there that you will meet the rest of the company and find out about this quest. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have something else to attend to. I will see you in three days!" he said. Before I could say anything, he was gone.

I sighed again. "I guess I should go pack." I thought to myself. I made my way up to my room. I changed into my traveling clothes. I put on a purple tunic, a black corset that stoped under my bust, some thick black leggings, and my shin-high black boots. Finally, I tied my hair into a side braid so that it would not get in the way.

Once I was dressed, I packed three similar outfits into my bag, along with some food and medical items. Then, I attached my duel swords to the belt around my waist. I also hid some throwing knives in my corset and boots.

After I was ready, I said goodbye to Lord Elrond and went to the stables. I had no idea what I would find in the home of Bilbo Baggins, so I thought it best that I hide my wings. That is why I went to the stables. I prepared a pony for the trip and left Rivendell.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

~A/N~

YAY!! I was surprised at how quickly I got done writing this! As always, I would love it if you guys would vote and comment! It really helps me out! Hopefully, if things go well, I will get the next part done in a week at least.

Thank you, my bunnies!!

(\_(\
(^¬^)
(,(")(")