Chapter 4

I reappear in my barracks room. It was the only safe place I could think of to go to. No one would see me there. I begin pacing. If that bot says anything, I'm done. I don't know what people will think. I might become a test subject. I may even disappear for good. The disastrous thoughts running through my head make me want to explode. I've kept this secret for a year, I can't let it all go to waste. I haven't even figured out why I'm still here yet.

I stop pacing for a moment to look at myself. I don't look at myself too much in the mirror. There isn't much to look at. My features never change. My long blonde hair stays up in a tight bun on the back of my head, covered in gel that never hurts anymore. I have hooded deep blue eyes I got from my mother. A pointed nose that is now crooked from a fight I was in at my last unit. I'm the same height of 5'6" since I was in high school. My body stays in shape, never gaining or losing weight. I'm skinny but have some muscle. You got to when you're in the military. My looks haven't changed in a year, I look the same boring way I always have. My army uniform always looks neat and pressed as well.

The commotion outside my door starts getting louder, shaking me from myself and brings me back to the trouble brewing outside my door. They must be coming back with the bot. I want to go watch, see if they need help. But what if he recognizes me? What if he tries to get answers? I can't have him questioning me in front of everybody. Then again, if it is Sideswipes twin, I want to see them reunite. I am so conflicted right now. I groan out loud. Then I turned around and stare at the door. I can't keep my thoughts straight. Then something happens. I flicker. I've never flickered before. It felt empty for only a moment. The fear of vanishing for good hit me like a truck. Maybe it's a sign. I wish this out of body experience came with a manual.

I shake my head and decide to leave the comfort of my room. I want to know who the bot is. I'll just have to stay out of his eyesight. I carefully open my door and walk out. Soldiers are running down the halls in full gear. I chose not to put my gear on. There is no need for me to put it on. As I get into the hanger, I see Sideswipe being held back by Ironhide and Mirage. Soldiers stand in formation, hands on their weapons. I stand off in the back, partly hidden by crates and more soldiers. Optimus stands towards the entrance of the hangar. Hands on his hips, waiting. Mudflap and skids are towards the back, attempting to stand still.

"It's him. Let me go to him!" Sideswipe calls out, struggling against his hold.

"Ratchet, Jazz and the triplets are bringing him in. You will get to see him soon. Calm down." Ironhide growls, tightening his grip on Sideswipes arm.

It's only a few moments later that Jazz walks in, followed by the rest. Walking behind Ratchet is a bot with similar height and build to Sideswipe. I didn't get a good look at him before, besides his face. Though, instead of a surprised look, this time it's a scowl. He hasn't scanned a vehicle mode yet, so his armor is sleek, rounded, more like a knight's armor. It's gold with silver undertones. I'm sure his look will change once he scans. I wonder if he will choose a lambo, like his brother. His optics search around the room. Not sure if he's taking it all in or looking for someone.

"Sunny!" Sideswipe yells excitedly as he is finally let go.

Sunstreaker's optics go wide at the silver bot now racing towards him. Sideswipe wraps his arms around his twin. I've never seen the bots show any kind of affection towards each other. So, seeing a trained killer turned lovable puppy, is a sight to see. Sunstreaker doesn't react at first but is soon hugging his brother back. Then he pushes him lightly away and starts checking him out. Like he's looking for injuries. When he doesn't find any, he punches Sideswipe in the gut. Everyone gasps and the room falls silent.