𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | A More Formal Meeting

Oh shit. I fell asleep in her room.

It had been a total accident. Fushiguro just meant to take her to her room and go back to his, but exhaustion must have caught up to him. The sun was steadily rising and he was losing his chance to leave without someone seeing and starting a rumor he wouldn't want to deal with.

He moved slower than an ancient tortoise so that he wouldn't wake her. Turning the door handle felt like it took an hour, but he breathed a sigh of relief as he closed it without a sound now safely in the hallway.

"Uhm- Megumi?"

The young boy jumped and sheepishly turned to see Gojo halfway down the hallway.

"Shhhhh." Fushiguro motioned for the older man to be quiet. Not only because he didn't want Y/N to wake up, but because if Itadori or Kugisaki woke up and saw this, he'd be a dead man.

Gojo closed the gap and started whispering to the boy.

"Gumi, explain yourself. I'm not mad-"

"Gojo shut up. Nothing happened. I just-"

"You just what?"

"Stop cutting me off and you'll find you what."

"You cut me off first."

"Cus you started assuming first."

A silent staredown ensued.

"Look," Fushiguro started, "Last night she had a really bad nightmare about the Todo fight. She came to my room crying really late at night."

"Thats so cu-"

Fushiguro gave the man a death stare.

"Sorry sorry, I couldn't help myself."

"I don't know if anyone can help you. Anyways-"

"Hey!" Gojo whisper-shouted in offense.

"Shhhhhhh. So anyways, I let her talk it out and she fell asleep."

"Uh huh, uh huh. I raised such a good boyfr-"

"I am this close to slapping you, Gojo Satoru."

"You wouldn't!" Gojo tried desperately to hold in a laugh.

"She fell asleep, I brought her back to her room, and I accidentally fell asleep waiting to make sure she stayed asleep. Okay?"

"Mhmmmmmm okay. Yep, that's definitely what happened." The white-haired man's voice was dripping with sarcasm. It was a playful sarcasm, but Megumi was frustrated either way.

"I'm serious!"

Seeing the mix of embarrassment and frustration on Fushiguro's face softened Gojo's sense of humor.

"I'm only playing, Gumi. I believe you."

Fushiguro gave the instructor a distrusting look.

"I promise, Megumi. You know you always have my trust." Gojo ruffled the student's hair and walked back in the direction he came.

"Wait, Gojo!" Fushiguro whisper-yelled to him.

"Hm?"

"Why did you come down here?"

"I wanted to see if you were awake. I wanted to wish my boy a special good luck at his first exchange event!"

"Oh- Thank you, Satoru."

Gojo's jaw dropped for a brief second, but he covered it up fast and gave Megumi a big grin and kept walking.

He finally called me Satoru! I've been telling him he could for years now but the kid has always been so formal and stubborn! Y/N is a good influence for him.