"Oh, my dear, you've missed so much," Violet sighed. "If you only knew..."

"Hello there," the Duke of Hastings walked towards them and kissed his wife's head before greeting his son. "Hello to you too."

"Where were you?" Daphne looked up at him, a loving smile on her face. "We've missed you."

"I was rather busy answering letters of the ton congratulating us in this new adventure," he explained, a smile on his face. "And I asked Rose to deliver a package to Anthony that it seemed to have gotten mixed with my stuff."

"A package?" Benedict's eyes grew wide with interest. "What kind of package?"

"Truth be told, I took a small peek, Lady Bridgerton," Simon nodded with reassurance. "It's safe to say that, she's alive, and back in Württemberg."

"Oh! Thank the Heavens," Violet sighed heavily, placing a hand over her heart. "Every day I prayed for her safe return."

"Whose safe return?" Daphne frowned with confusion. "Whatever are you all talking about?"

"Well, you've missed a lot, Sister," Benedict spoke.

"Everyone hesitated to utter a word in your presence, fearing that any hint of concern might exacerbate your worries, especially considering your condition with child," Violet explained. "But, it's time we explain everything."

"Apparently, Charlotte went missing for about a month when—"

"What?" Daphne's eyes grew wide, cutting Benedict off. "Missing?"

"Yes. And Anthony almost lost his mind when—"

"Good morning, family!" Everyone sent weird looks in the Viscount's direction at his sudden presence and positive attitude. "Today is a lovely day."

"But it's so cloudy," Benedict frowned. "You can't even see the sun."

"Which means the weather must be nice to play outside," Anthony grabbed two chocolate biscuits from the table and took a bite. "Gregory! Hyacinth! Care to join me?"

"Yes!" The youngest duo agreed with excitement and made their way outside.

"Francesca! Come join us!" Gregory invited her.

"Come, Eloise! Come!" Hyacinth basically dragged her sister out of the castle and outside to the garden.

"Anthony?" Violet stood up and faced her son. "Are you alright? Are you feeling well?"

"I'm alright, Mother. Everything is well. Everything is fantastic," he grinned and took a bite of his biscuit. "Now, if you excuse me, I'll enjoy my time and take part of this lovely weather. I suggest you come outside and do the same. Come, let's enjoy the fresh air."

Daphne's eyes widened in disbelief as she observed her brother's transformation, watching in astonishment as he strode out to the garden, his demeanor markedly different from the brooding presence she had grown accustomed to over the past month. His sudden shift in mood, from a prolonged state of despondency to an unexpected return to his former self, left her utterly perplexed. After weeks of enduring his troubled disposition, witnessing his sudden resurgence to his usual jovial self seemed nothing short of miraculous.